31 replies 3K views
balabooberliesbalabooberlies Forumite
420 posts
100 Posts Second Anniversary
✭✭
edited 3 July at 12:26PM in Old Style MoneySaving
Okay
Confess..........

Who has benefited from people having clear outs.  I will begin with my 'finds'..........

A perfect lamp
A wooden stool about a foot high.  Perfect for me as I am challenged height wise.
2 Flower pots
A plastic shopping basket.  Great for carrying multiple items up the stairs.
A metal shoe rack.
All these things in almost perfect condition.  I have also seen computers, fridges, furniture, books, DVD's etc.  All with a 'help yourself' notice.

The first thing I put out was some fruit I knew was not going to get eaten (I can only eat so much) and my elderly neighbour took it.  I now buy her fruit.  (To keep her 'regular' as she says).

I have got rid of about 40 DVD's and today I am putting out a dinner service.  We have 3 and this set hasn't been used for about 10 years.  Would normally take it to charity shop but they are still closed.

I feel chuffed with my finds as I am using all of them.  What have you found ?

Bala

Replies

• balabooberliesbalabooberlies Forumite
    420 posts
    ✭✭
    Wonderful !

I love recycling.
  • balabooberliesbalabooberlies Forumite
    420 posts
    ✭✭
    It's so exciting.

I don't skip dive because am always worried of getting told off...........but I saw a lovely wheel barrow the other day.

Too much of a scaredy cat !
  • MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    6.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't done road kill, do forage but most of my possessions are 'finds', I've got lovely vases, candle holders, paintings, piggy banks that were given out by banks, bedside cabinet, chest of drawers, tallboy.

Did scrapping for a few years, but the price in return at the moment makes it unviable to store a mountain of metal, cable etc. 

If it's not 'finds' it's previously loved items from car boots and charity shops.

The only brand new things in my home are two foot stools / steps, bed / mattress, PC desk, printer, fridge, freezer. I tend to buy second hand and even my PC set up was used when I got it.

I'm pleased to find I'm not alone doing it 😁