New Post Advanced Search

Virgin or BT

2 replies 87 views
Been with VM for decades ever since they cabled our street, mostly quite happy with them but the price seems to increase too much and too often. 
We just got a letter from BT saying there's now BT fibre to all premises on our road  (whereas VM is FTTC then coax to the properties) and a special offer for new users.  Has anyone used a change like this to get VM to offer an account retention incentive?  

Replies

• edited 1 July at 8:20AM
    Neil_JonesNeil_Jones Forumite
    4.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 July at 8:20AM
    Been with VM for decades ever since they cabled our street, mostly quite happy with them but the price seems to increase too much and too often.
    So do something about it then. Phone them up and say I can get a better deal from BT but I'd rather stay with you, what can you do for me?

We just got a letter from BT saying there's now BT fibre to all premises on our road  (whereas VM is FTTC then coax to the properties) and a special offer for new users.  Has anyone used a change like this to get VM to offer an account retention incentive?  
    Try it. You may be surprised. You don't have to agree to anything there and then, just say I'll make a note of this and run it past the wife/husband/dog first.
  • JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    16.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also price up BT FTTP .