New Post Advanced Search

Photo shoot

2 replies 75 views
natmarie72natmarie72 Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
I booked a photo shoot for me and my partner. I was attending an event at Olympia at the time. This wa a great deal / promotion. The deposit to secure a date was £50.00
The shoot was also a make over. It was a 3- 4 hours slot. It offered hair, nails, facial and makeup done.
I recived a text 2 weeks prior to the shoot that social distance would be put in measure with the government guideline and there will be afew alterations. They didnt explain what this will be. I accept I would attend but a few days later I wondered what this alterations was and contacted them to ask. I assume now that there is no make over which was advertised  and we would not be touched to adjust clothes, hair etc.
If this is the case then theres no point in a shoot. We would look ordinary. And it wont be special.
Can I cancel for thoose reasons and get a full refund back as I wouldnt be getting what I purchased. I am yet to get a response from them but I want to be prepared when I do as I may have a fight on my hands.

Replies

• askeymaskeym Forumite
    97 posts
    10 Posts
    I can't answer on those points but what I do know from females I know who have fallen for this type of con is that they don't give you any photos for free, you have to buy them.
    I know Domestos kills 99% of germs, but I'm worried about the 1% that got away.
  • DoaMDoaM Forumite
    10.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good point ... the OP should carefully check the T&Cs of what they bought. They may have also bought a Photo Shoot without any photos supplied as part of the shoot.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay