New Post Advanced Search

How long for paypal to take money?

3 replies 62 views
So, I haven't used either ebay or paypal for a while, however i've made a couple of Ebay purchases last week.
There was no money in my paypal account so I was expecting the money to leave my linked bank account straight away.  however the first purchase was on Thursday and now we are on monday and no money has been taken.  Sellers have marked items as dispatched and they are marked as paid on Ebay
so is there now a significant delay in making a paypal purchase and the money leaving the bank account?
Just want to watch for when the money is going to come out.
thanks

Replies

• donnac2558donnac2558 Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I have my debit card tick for Paypal it is usually 2-3 days before it comes out of my bank account but it is ring-fenced to be taken.
    If I use my bank account then it was 10-14 days!
    I have my debit card ticked as I prefer the money to come out quickly.
  • Spoonie_TurtleSpoonie_Turtle Forumite
    1.1K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    If I have my debit card tick for Paypal it is usually 2-3 days before it comes out of my bank account but it is ring-fenced to be taken.
    If I use my bank account then it was 10-14 days!
    I have my debit card ticked as I prefer the money to come out quickly.
    Is your bank account verified with PayPal? My default PayPal payment method is my bank account (with debit card as backup, it says on the PP transaction details) and the delay is between 2-5 days; the longer delays (5 days) are over weekends.
  • donnac2558donnac2558 Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I verified as Paypay kept requesting that though I always used via debit card.   I just changed the tick back to debit card again the bank payment took so long.  I started a thread on here at the time as I was concerned why the payment had not come out of my account or even been ring-fenced.    I was told it can take much longer than what I found on google which is the same as you have stated.   I believe it was 10 working days before it was requested by Paypal?  I prefer the money to be paid quicker I was convinced something had gone wrong and I had received the item.