New Post Advanced Search

EBAY FEEDBACK is not fit for purpose

8 replies 255 views
Whenever items I order are overdue for delivery I politely advise the seller just to keep them in touch. This inevitably opens a case through EBAY. On a number of occasions the item disappears from my purchase history so I am unable to leave feedback. Is it the seller removing the item from my history or is it EBAY?.
Mike

Replies

• edited 28 June at 8:09AM
    theonlywayisuptheonlywayisup Forumite
    14.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 June at 8:09AM
    No Mike it is you not seeing it.

When you open a case the purchase history is archived for that item.   You just need to scroll down your history page to the returned and cancelled orders.
    Or
    If you click your own feedback number, then scroll to the bottom of the page and LEAVE FEEDBACK you will see you can leave feedback for the seller.

• soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    66K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    As above ebay use hidden folders now , they are easy to view if you know where to look but the view differs depending on which version of ebay you use. I regularly use 3 eBay accounts and each of them is entirely different in set up!

Once you find the page with the folders /disputes/ unsuccessful bids etc it is simple.  

One thing though you say 'On a number of occasions the item disappears from my purchase history' which implies you open a lot of cases. Just be warned that at some point eBay may question why there are so many cases being opened and may remove your buyer guarantee privileges. 
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • MikexMikex Forumite
    201 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Thanks for replies. Will have a look for these archived folders. I have had about 10 items failed to arrive on time or at all since I joined ebay 10 years ago. I feel it quite reasonable to advise the seller the item I ordered has not arrived and feel EBAY could not justify taking any action in these circumstances.
    Mike

• steviebabessteviebabes Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of opening a request (case) just ask the seller if it has been posted yet. They should mark as dispatched but many don't.
  • edited 28 June at 3:59PM
    forgotmynameforgotmyname Forumite
    30.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 June at 3:59PM
    I tend to find another item the seller has listed and use the contact form to avoid opening
    a case where that is not needed.

For late deliveries there is little the seller can do though so contacting them about that is probably
    pointless, unless its a courier or tracked delivery. Normal mail you just need to wait until your ready
    to open that INR case.

Puzzled by the thread title, what has feedback got to do with contacting the buyer for INR?

Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• MikexMikex Forumite
    201 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭

Instead of opening a request (case) just ask the seller if it has been posted yet. They should mark as dispatched but many don't.

There is never a question that the item has been sent, it always has. The situation is the item has not arrived within a couple of days of the due date, you will note the subtle difference. When the item is overdue I click the "item did not arrive" tab in the "contact the seller section". I am then asked whether I want a refund or the item, I always want the item.

I have scrolled down my purchase history and the items I thought had been removed are there as others have pointed out and I can leave feedback if I so desire.

Inevitably when an item fails to arrive on time or not at all I discover it has been sent via Hermes.

I note when I was looking at my purchase history I have 8 cases closed and 1 open. In the case currently open the item arrived 3 days late (Hermes), pretty good for them. 

Mike

• soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    66K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    quote: I note when I was looking at my purchase history I have 8 cases closed and 1 open. In the case currently open the item arrived 3 days late (Hermes), pretty good for them. 

Mike

In that case I would watch how many cases you are opening - 9 in total in a year is beginning to look like an issue. Either choose better sellers - you can check the star rating for despatch/delivery times and judge from that or be a little more patient before you open a case. 
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • Spoonie_TurtleSpoonie_Turtle Forumite
    1.1K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    When the item is overdue I click the "item did not arrive" tab in the "contact the seller section". I am then asked whether I want a refund or the item, I always want the item.

If you simply want to contact the seller to alert them like you initially said, you need to choose the 'other' option that just sends them a message.' Item did not arrive' is not the same as 'item has not arrived yet' - you should only use it when the item hasn't arrived and it's so overdue that you no longer expect it to turn up.