Any options with a product that has broke months later?

I purchased a computer chair from Amazon in Feb and the return window has expired. However one of the legs has broken away gradually and only noticed after I nearly fell off. 

Is there a way of trying to sort this out or will I just have to suck it up and cut my losses? 

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Did you buy direct from Amazon or via the Marketplace?  
  • It was direct from Amazon I believe. 
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,193 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    MarkN88 said:
    It was direct from Amazon I believe. 
    The answers will differ depending on how you bought so you will need to know for definite whether it was Amazon or a third party. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin said:
    MarkN88 said:
    The answers will differ depending on how you bought so you will need to know for definite whether it was Amazon or a third party. 
    I checked the order history again. It was amazon 100%. 
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,193 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    MarkN88 said:
    soolin said:
    MarkN88 said:
    In that case get in touch with Amazon via the site and explain that your item has broken and you want a replacement .
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  •  soolin said:
    MarkN88 said:
    soolin said:
    MarkN88 said:
    In that case get in touch with Amazon via the site and explain that your item has broken and you want a replacement .
    Thank you I’ll do that now. 
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    MarkN88 said:
     soolin said:
    MarkN88 said:
    soolin said:
    MarkN88 said:
    Yes as above.  You may need to prompt the agent that the item is not yet 6 months old and therefore you require them to resolve the issue as the fault would be deemed inherent.  As an aside, whilst they usually replace, they have the choice to replace, refund or repair.  Do report back as it helps other people in understanding the timescale, difficulty etc. 
  • MarkN88 said:
     soolin said:
    MarkN88 said:
    soolin said:
    MarkN88 said:
    Yes as above.  You may need to prompt the agent that the item is not yet 6 months old and therefore you require them to resolve the issue as the fault would be deemed inherent.  As an aside, whilst they usually replace, they have the choice to replace, refund or repair.  Do report back as it helps other people in understanding the timescale, difficulty etc. 
    I got through to an agent yesterday evening and although they did say the return window was closed they would still accept a return. They couldn’t offer to replace as they said they no longer had any in stock. I’m happy with that. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback