Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

Most ‘exciting’ thing you have done today - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Most ‘exciting’ thing you have done today

33 replies 321 views

Replies

• lynneeelynneee Forumite
    862 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I got off my lazy bum and did an exercise workout this morning, I need to lose my lock down stone! I also went for a walk along the beach, so peaceful. 
    #16 pay off 1% challenge 100% :smiley: #48 MFW 0/£1000 #7 pay off all debt in 2020 £3625/£3625!! 😀
  • edited 15 June at 11:01PM
    luvchocolateluvchocolate Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 15 June at 11:01PM
    Met my son..daughter in law. 
    3 yr old Granddaughter and 3 month old Grandson first time since early March 

We live 70 miles apart but as a single household I am now in their bubble. 
    Absolutely wonderful 

• dinglefootdinglefoot Forumite
    2.2K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I repotted a fuschia!
  • od244051od244051 Forumite
    593 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭
    suki1964 said:
    od244051 said:
    ‘Exciting’ something really small and mundane - such as emptying a bottle of shower gel to, able to go into a supermarket without queuing. 

I start off with getting a hair appointment 3 weeks earlier than an appointment I booked at another HD.
    How did you get an appointment? I didn't think personal services have even been given a hint of a date for them to reopen

I thought they kind of had. Least in the UK.
    There was a salon group last week with 4 full-time job vacancies for back office customer care / bookers - getting ready to have phones ringing of the hook for appointments!  I imagined they preferred people from short term jobs and or unemployed in case things went belly up and didn't work out, but yes last week 4 positions were available to apply to here in an Essex town. I saw the ad and thought a few might well risk it; the industry has been closed but may come back bigger in the short term. Jobs advertised Sunday, filled by Thursday. 
    Hairdressers also will be fully booked for 2nd appointments. I usually do 5-6 weeks. It will be 6 weeks this time as five weeks after my hair appt. I should be away for a mini break with my parents to a place about 120 miles away. Unsure about if its going ahead - a variety of reasons, hotel open (for starters), places open and what will SD be like. Not much point going away to find very few places open. 
  • PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46.1K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far today the most exciting thing I've done is cut and file my two thumb nails.

I hate cutting my nails, so I tend to do them in phases, and today I just couldn't stand how long the thumb nails had got any more.

It's like being a sheep that has just been short of its winter coat. I didn't go gambolling, though.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).
    Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Sea_ShellSea_Shell Forumite
    4.1K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Hung up my suit!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pyxis said:
    So far today the most exciting thing I've done is cut and file my two thumb nails.

I hate cutting my nails, so I tend to do them in phases, and today I just couldn't stand how long the thumb nails had got any more.

It's like being a sheep that has just been short of its winter coat. I didn't go gambolling, though.

I'm trying to summon up the enthusiasm to soak off my gel nails, as they've been on nearly 3 weeks.   It takes 30 mins per hand!!

" That pound I saved yesterday, is a pound I don't have to earn tomorrow ":beer: JOB DONE!!
    This should now read "It's time to start digging up those Squirrelled Nuts"!!! :j:j:j
  • PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46.1K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sea_Shell said:
    Pyxis said:

I'm trying to summon up the enthusiasm to soak off my gel nails, as they've been on nearly 3 weeks.   It takes 30 mins per hand!!

That's rough. I mean you can do things with your dominant hand while the other is soaking........write stuff, one-handed crochet (😉), but not easy to do when your dominant hand is in the pot.
    I have a similar problem in that I bought some foot masque socks, but using them means that you have to have your feet not touching something for about half an hour, and what's the betting that someone would knock at the door?
    You'd have to plan to have your phones handy, tissues in case of a sneeze, etc. before starting, as well as working out where the best place to sit is.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).
    Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• TigsteroonieTigsteroonie Forumite
    24.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard from my hairdresser - it's exciting for me! They hope to open early July and she thought she was calling to give me bad news, that she won't be working Saturday mornings once they re-open and so I'd have to swap to a colleague. But because I'm flexibly working from home, I can pop over any day of the week (online meetings permitted) and so I can fit around her new working days :D:D:D Greys be gone!
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • pollypennypollypenny Forumite
    29K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Met my son..daughter in law. 
    3 yr old Granddaughter and 3 month old Grandson first time since early March 

We live 70 miles apart but as a single household I am now in their bubble. 
    Absolutely wonderful 

Wonderful!  

I rang my hairdresser and asked to put on her 'urgent' list. 
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • edited 16 June at 6:57PM
    colinwcolinw Forumite
    60K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 16 June at 6:57PM
    Either descaling my Tassimo coffee maker or seeing a long eared Cuban Owl youngster 🦉