Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

Most ‘exciting’ thing you have done today

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Most ‘exciting’ thing you have done today

33 replies 314 views
od244051od244051 Forumite
544 posts
100 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
✭✭
‘Exciting’ something really small and mundane - such as emptying a bottle of shower gel to, able to go into a supermarket without queuing. 

I start off with getting a hair appointment 3 weeks earlier than an appointment I booked at another HD.

Replies

• PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I had to go to the GP surgery for a blood test, and was a bit worried about having to be close to a hoomin bean.

However, I got there early, there was only one person in the waiting room, and then I was called in 5 minutes before my appointment. Blood test very quick...was out again in probably 3 minutes.

It must have been the quickest, most peaceful visit I've ever made to the surgery, so from that point of view, it was exciting!

Oh, and it was the first time I've worn a mask sorry face-covering! 😁
    That was exciting, too!
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).
    Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    4.6K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Walked to the park 2 mins from my house and sat on a bench in the sun ☀️ 

Have not been able to walk for 2 weeks after twisting my ankle and haven’t been able to leave the house 
    0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    Emergency fund £191 / £1000
  • Sea_ShellSea_Shell Forumite
    4K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Hung up my suit!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I ran a route I haven't run since last year, mainly because it floods in the winter, but is dry as a bone now.

Running through the woods with just squirrels for company!!
    " That pound I saved yesterday, is a pound I don't have to earn tomorrow ":beer: JOB DONE!!
    This should now read "It's time to start digging up those Squirrelled Nuts"!!! :j:j:j
  • sillyvixensillyvixen Forumite
    3.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    We went for a walk and had a picnic in the countryside.
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • suki1964suki1964 Forumite
    14.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    od244051 said:
    ‘Exciting’ something really small and mundane - such as emptying a bottle of shower gel to, able to go into a supermarket without queuing. 

I start off with getting a hair appointment 3 weeks earlier than an appointment I booked at another HD.
    How did you get an appointment? I didn't think personal services have even been given a hint of a date for them to reopen

if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
  • colinwcolinw Forumite
    60K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Got 700 contacts for someone on an iphone at work that was about it :D exciting day......other than that cutting back lawn of painting a door
  • joansgirljoansgirl Forumite
    17.9K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got a delivery slot with Morrison's, first one since end of February!
    floraison.gif
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
  • od244051od244051 Forumite
    544 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭
    suki1964 said:
    od244051 said:

How did you get an appointment? I didn't think personal services have even been given a hint of a date for them to reopen

Many hairdressers are taking bookings now for 4th July (England) Mum has an appointment that day. 

My regular hairdresser doesn’t have her salon phone number diverted.

I clicked on a link on a local FB group and which then turned into a chat with another hairdresser. 

I’m keeping the appointment for end of month just in case there’s a problem for new appointment.

Those people that will wait til the hairdressers are reopening to book appointments they won’t get one til mid August 
  • kingfisherbluekingfisherblue Forumite
    9.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was only fourth in the (socially distanced) queue at the Post Office :)
    When I rang Parsleybox to place my mum's order, I wasn't in a queue at all :):love::)
  • keepcalmandstayoutofdebtkeepcalmandstayoutofdebt Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    suki1964 said:
    od244051 said:

I thought they kind of had. Least in the UK.
    There was a salon group last week with 4 full-time job vacancies for back office customer care / bookers - getting ready to have phones ringing of the hook for appointments!  I imagined they preferred people from short term jobs and or unemployed in case things went belly up and didn't work out, but yes last week 4 positions were available to apply to here in an Essex town. I saw the ad and thought a few might well risk it; the industry has been closed but may come back bigger in the short term. Jobs advertised Sunday, filled by Thursday.