14 replies 163 views
2»

Replies

• dogmaryxxdogmaryxx Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never mentioned pro version .
    Question was why do you need Malwarebytes free at all if Defender is adequate protection.
  • inspectorperezinspectorperez Forumite
    311 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    dogmaryxx said:
    Question was why do you need Malwarebytes free at all if Defender is adequate protection.

I often refer to "howtogeek" for questions like this and this article may help to answer your question. I have always used Malwarebytes in conjunction with AV since being advised to do this by my own firm's computer security provider.

• RumRatRumRat Forumite
    3.9K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because no AV is 100 percent effective. It doesn't matter if it's Defender or any other AV, the recommendation still remains the same. But, the choice is not compulsory, so you don't need to have it. It's been a while since it found anything on my machine, but, I still run it occasionally.
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
  • Carrot007Carrot007 Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    dogmaryxx said:
    Becuase "malware" is a fluid term. MB picks up advertising etc. Windows will not. Depends how much you care though. I prefer using WD and having a clean install every so often! My browser however is chosen specifically to not allow ads. Sometime things do not work and if I have to use the site I will use edge. That said of course recently defender flagged a load of near 20 year old "joke programs" on my network drive as malware (under the joke catagory). Seemed abut OTT. Still no reason I still had them! Bad digital hoarding!