20 replies 756 views
2»

Replies

• badger09badger09 Forumite
    8.7K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    briando said:
    I always pay my balance monthly. The credit card company have credited the £2k holiday money and holding onto it against future spend ie a no credit credit card! Surely they should return the situation to as it was before I paid them the money?

Which credit card? Have you asked them to pay the holiday refund to your current account?
  • MallyGirlMallyGirl Forumite, Board Guide
    5K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Intrepid Forum Explorer
    ✭✭✭✭
    briando said:
    I always pay my balance monthly. The credit card company have credited the £2k holiday money and holding onto it against future spend ie a no credit credit card! Surely they should return the situation to as it was before I paid them the money?
    Have you asked them to return it - they won't do it automatically.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-free Wannabe, Loans & Credit Cards boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]
    Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • briandobriando Forumite
    2 posts
    Third Anniversary First Post
    I use the card all the time and pay off every month. I paid for the holiday in March so I've already paid off the card for that month, yet now I.m getting no credit. I spend £60 on petrol today, they take the money out of my refund immediately without my permission.  With over an hour wait to phone them how do you contact them? After 30 years using the same card. I'm going to look for something better.
  • edited 30 June at 7:57PM
    bradders1983bradders1983 Forumite
    4.5K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 June at 7:57PM
    Of course they will take the £60 off the credit balance, you do know how a credit card works yes? Every credit card is the same. 

Ask them for the £1940, add in the £60 you would have paid off in a few weeks anyway, and hey presto there is your £2k. Deary me.
  • born_againborn_again Forumite
    3.6K posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    briando said:
    I use the card all the time and pay off every month. I paid for the holiday in March so I've already paid off the card for that month, yet now I.m getting no credit. I spend £60 on petrol today, they take the money out of my refund immediately without my permission.  With over an hour wait to phone them how do you contact them? After 30 years using the same card. I'm going to look for something better.
    You will find EVERY card provider is the same.
    If you are in credit, you have to ask for the refund to be transferred to a account. They will not do it automatically.
    On my way to retirement. Thanks to Covid 19. 
  • MalkytheheedMalkytheheed Forumite
    455 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    phillw said:
    eskbanker said:
    Yes, as pointed out in all the other threads about this, contact the card company and ask for a credit balance refund.
    That is fine if you are in credit. It's a bit annoying if they refund to your 0% stoozing credit card.

Realistically who is stoozing now?? What interest are you seriously getting? How can this be worth your effort. 
  • BOWFERBOWFER Forumite
    61 posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    Halifax were top notch about me getting my credit balances refunded to my bank.
    Done within hours of request.
  • badger09badger09 Forumite
    8.7K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    BOWFER said:
    Halifax were top notch about me getting my credit balances refunded to my bank.
    Done within hours of request.
    Barclaycard processed mine same day I requested it. Full holiday refund balance transferred to my current account, leaving approx £400 current month spending on credit card.
  • phillwphillw Forumite
    3.6K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Realistically who is stoozing now?? What interest are you seriously getting? How can this be worth your effort. 
    What effort? I imagine there are plenty of people who still have balances on 0% cards and would rather have the refund in cash if they could.