New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

The Sad thread

30 replies 483 views
joansgirljoansgirl Forumite
17.9K posts
Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭✭
As per title, things that have made you sad or depressed.

I've just been speaking to a couple of other dog walkers. Their dog is one that Bailie really doesn't like, for some reason Bailie always wants to attack it when she sees it. Today they were out without the dog (Alfie) so I asked where he was and they told me they had him put to sleep at the beginning of April as he had a brain tumour. He was only 5 🙁😢 Poor Alfie.
floraison.gif
Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...

Replies

• PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aw. 😢😢

I wonder if that’s why Bailie didn’t take to him? Perhaps she sensed there was something not right with his brain, and it unsettled her?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).
    Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• joansgirljoansgirl Forumite
    17.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pyxis said:
    Aw. 😢😢

I wonder if that’s why Bailie didn’t take to him? Perhaps she sensed there was something not right with his brain, and it unsettled her?
    That is exactly what I was thinking, it's unusual for her to be so nasty to another dog, all she had to do was smell him from a distance and she turned into Cujo. But he was a lovely little dog, sort of like a Lhaso crossed with a Tibetan Terrier and it's her reaction to him that's made me fearful around small dogs.

Luckily there were times I saw him when she was not around so I did at least get a chance to make a fuss of him.
    floraison.gif
  • SheelSheel Forumite
    45.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was only just trying to think where I could post something that didn't fit in the irritated thread and wondering if I should start a sad thread.                                                                          
    My brother has recentlly had another heart attack. ☹️
    Proud of my husband and 2 daughters who are all NHS essential key workers.

• PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s rough. ☹️
    How old is he?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).
    Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• SheelSheel Forumite
    45.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pyxis said:
    That’s rough. ☹️
    How old is he?
    He's 70. He had his first heart attack when he was 50 so if he can last another 20 years until he has another one he won't be doing so bad. My Dad had a heart attack when he was 68 and lived another 20 years so finger's crossed for my brother. My Dad didn't have type 1 diabetes though which may make a difference. 😕
    Proud of my husband and 2 daughters who are all NHS essential key workers.

• adonisadonis Forumite
    978 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Monty Don's dog Nigel died earlier in the week,
    anyone that watches gardeners world would be used to seeing him on screen.
    17.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheel said:
    I was only just trying to think where I could post something that didn't fit in the irritated thread and wondering if I should start a sad thread.                                                                          
    My brother has recentlly had another heart attack. ☹️
    So sorry to hear that Sheel 🙁
    floraison.gif
    17.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has just popped up in my Facebook feed, it could go on Loldogs but it's not funny. It's also not cruel or anything like that, just very sad.

floraison.gif
  • PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d better not watch it just at the moment then, as I’m already in a very low place, and I don’t mean at the bottom of the Mariana Trench. 
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Meg_xMeg_x Forumite
    2.7K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    joansgirl said:
    This has just popped up in my Facebook feed, it could go on Loldogs but it's not funny. It's also not cruel or anything like that, just very sad.

Oh bloody hell Gill, that made me sob! 😢
    A lovely story though, of a man and his best friend.
    It reminded me of the film ‘Marley And Me’
    I sobbed at that too!

I have to blow my nose now! 🤧
    Everyone you meet may be fighting a battle you know nothing about.
    Be kind!
    🧚