New Post Advanced Search

Magic Win

edited 2 June at 6:36PM in I won! I won! I won!
36 replies 2.9K views
WickedchrisWickedchris Forumite
4 posts
Fifth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
edited 2 June at 6:36PM in I won! I won! I won!
Hi, just wanted to say thank you to comping rich for posting the comp and anyone who posts the answers.

They say the money will be in my account within 28 days but I was wondering what’s the average time it takes from previous magic/radio  winners as it’s not been paid yet and I have already started spending some of it.

Also worse case scenario, if they misheard my bank details and paid to the wrong account would they still be required to send me the prize?

Replies

• fire**flyfire**fly Forumite
    145.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    great win, well done smiley
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• edited 15 May at 1:13PM
    mjm3346mjm3346 Forumite
    43.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 15 May at 1:13PM
    🥇Congratulations🥇

Nearly always within 28 days - doesn't really make any difference to when you will be paid if others have been paid within 24 hours or the full 28 days.( don't spend it until you have got it)

If you gave the wrong account details payment is 99% plus likely to be returned to them and they could reissue (obviously delaying payment further)- in the less than 1% case that the payment was accepted by another bank/account and someone thought very nice and scarpered with the cash and Magic had issued the payment as per your instructions that's really the end of it as far as their interest goes.

• BigboytysonBigboytyson Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Well done xxx
    2020 Wins:EUREKA i300 Robot vacuum cleaner, £100 TL Mag 6, £250 Sainsbury vouch, can of neutraldol air fresh,Shrek & Donkey headbands, Rizmo, 6mnth Vegums,Match-Football Records book, RAINBOCORNS,Spar Bundle-PS4, BBQ, Lazy Bed & Beer Fridge, Dragon Ball Action Figure Prize Bundle, Aromistico coffee set, 24pk Sustainable toilet rolls,Trolls Lego Bundle
  • kellyjane37kellyjane37 Forumite
    25 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    congrats!!!, i also won one of these in december, it took 14 long days for money to reach account, i too was worried about wrong account number ect, but it was fine, i couldnt sleep for 14 days, but it was worth it lol x
  • libra10libra10 Forumite
    13.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations, well done
  • pleasemepleaseme Forumite
    702 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts I won, I won, I won!
    ✭✭
    I won £22,222.22 from Magic two weeks ago it took about  5 or 6 days to Reach my account. I was informed l had won on the Friday but because of a backlog they didn’t phone me until the following Tues for my bank details.   Congrats on your win x
  • MintyBMintyB Forumite
    341 posts
    100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Fantastic win. Congratulations! :)
  • Compt95Compt95 Forumite
    5 posts
    First Post
    When you won did you text or only use the free online way? Also Congratulations!!
  • Comping_RichComping_Rich Forumite
    5.7K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on such a big win.
    Stay At Home | Protect The NHS | Save Lives 
    Stay Alert | Control The Virus | Save Lives 
    Posting is a privilege, not a right. This is a privately-owned site. Posting is a privilege, not a right. Any inappropriate posts or any issues that take up a disproportionate amount of resources or make it a worse place to be will be stopped at our discretion - with or without explanation. No one pays to use this site; when there are issues, we pay to resolve them. Sometimes we need to prioritise spending money on the site, other issues or better resources.
    Please be nice to all MoneySavers. That’s the forum motto. Remember, the prime aim is to help provide info and resources. If you don’t like someone, their situation, their question or feel they’re intruding on ‘your board’ then please bite the bullet and think of the bigger issue. A Guardian article once "doffed its cap" to this forum as being the one place where consumers can collect together and fight back. Our job is to help keep it that way.

• pleasemepleaseme Forumite
    702 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts I won, I won, I won!
    ✭✭
    I only ever use free online entry