E: 30/07 midday (+3 days postal) Win an African Holiday & Rail Travel
https://www.channel5.com/win/worlds-scenic-railways-competition/ (comp-liments to Comping_Rich in below post)
Text: TRAVEL to 65555 (texts cost £2 + 1 SNR)
Post your name and daytime telephone number to:
TRAVEL, PO Box 7557, Derby DE1 0NP
WORLD’S MOST SCENIC RAILWAY JOURNEYS – ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THE 29 FOR 15 SPECIAL OFFER APPLIES TO TEXT ENTRIES TO THIS COMPETITION WHERE YOU COULD GET 29 ENTRIES FOR THE PRICE OF 15. FOR TERMS SEE GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS HERE
- Competition opened at 15:00 on 01.05.2020
- Competition closes at midday on 30.07.2020 and 3 working days later for postal entries.
1)The prize comprises:
- Return economy class flights for two from a London airport of the prize provider’s choice to King Shaka International Airport in Durban, South Africa, returning from O.R. Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg, South Africa (includes one piece of hand luggage and one piece of checked baggage per person);
- Private transfer for two between King Shaka International Airport and the hotel in Durban;
- Two (2) nights’ accommodation for two at The Oyster Box Hotel in Durban, based on the prize winner and their companion sharing a double/twin room on a bed and breakfast basis;
- Private transfer for two between The Oyster Box Hotel and Durban train station;
- Two (2) night Durban Safari (from Durban to Pretoria) for two on board the Rovos Rail, based on the prize winner and their companion sharing a Deluxe Suite, including:
- All meals and beverages on board
- Three off-train excursions: Nambiti game drive, visit to the Aadmore Ceramics Gallery and a choice of either a game drive in Spionkop Reserve or an escorted tour of historic battlefields
- 24-hour room service
- Limited laundry
- Private transfer for two between Pretoria train station and the hotel in Pretoria;
- One (1) nights’ hotel accommodation (4* minimum) in Pretoria, based on the prize winner and their companion sharing a double/twin room on a bed and breakfast basis; and
- Private transfer for two between the hotel in Pretoria and O.R. Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg.
2)The prize winner must book their trip within 28 days of their congratulations e-mail from Element being sent and at least six weeks in advance of their preferred departure date or the prize may be forfeited.
3)The prize must be taken and completed between 1st October 2020 and 30th April 2021 and 1st September 2021 and 30th September 2021, excluding Christmas and New Year (19th December 2020 to 4th January 2021) and Easter weekend (2nd to 5th April 2021). The prize and its components are subject to availability.
4)Flights may be indirect and the routing will be determined by the prize provider.
5)Durban Safari takes place on specific dates. For more information and specific terms and conditions regarding Durban Safari, please visit https://www.rovos.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/DURBAN-SAFARI-Info1.pdf. Please note that we cannot be held liable for any delays due to trains not running to schedule. Excursions cannot be guaranteed and will only be undertaken if time and circumstances permit. Departure and arrival times are approximate and cannot be guaranteed. Rovos Rail reserve the right to alter the routing at any time between departure and arrival points.
6) The prize winner and their companion must hold current and valid passports and any other relevant travel documentation required for travel to and entry to South Africa. It is the responsibility of the prize winner to organise and pay costs associated with obtaining visas for themselves and their companion. Passports must be valid for travel with a minimum of six (6) months on the date of departure from the UK when taking up the trip. For the latest advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office on travel to South Africa, including security and local laws, plus passport and visa information, check www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice.
7) Travel insurance is not included but it is strongly advised for travel. It is the responsibility of the prize winner to organise and pay costs associated with obtaining appropriate travel insurance for themselves and their companion.
8) Both the prize winner and their companion must be over the age of 18. Please note that either the prize winner or their companion will need a current and valid credit card in order to check in at the hotel for security deposit purposes. It is the responsibility of the prize winner to ensure that they and/or their companion adhere to the local laws in South Africa. It is highly recommended that the prize winner and their companion obtain advice from a medical professional in advance of travelling and ensure that vaccinations are up to date.
9) It is the responsibility of the prize winner to inform the prize provider of any wheelchair or similar access requirements for the prize winner and their companion when taking the prize, and to adhere to any applicable health and safety guidelines. Please note that the Durban Safari is not wheelchair accessible.
10) The prize excludes ground transfers in the UK, additional meals and drinks, excursions, attractions, spa treatments, gratuities, personal expenses, visas and vaccinations where required, travel insurance and all other costs and arrangements not expressly included in the prize.
11) The prize and all its elements are subject to availability. Neither Channel 5 nor Element will accept responsibility for the hotel or any facilities being unavailable, withdrawn or amended.
12) There is no cash alternative or refund for unused portions of the prize.
13) Any amendments made by the prize winner after the booking is confirmed may be subject to administration charges levied by the specific supplier. Any such charges will be the responsibility of the prize winner.
14) The Durban Safari has been kindly supplied by Rovos Rail.
15) The Prize Provider of the trip to South Africa is Element London Limited, 5 Morie Street, London SW18 1SL