Child maintenance payment question

Hi is there anyone who works for the child maintenance service or has good knowledge about it that can hell me regarding an issue I have with my current plan with them?
Basically I’ve had a regular payment plan in place for my ex husband to make payments for my eldest 2 children for the last 12 months. He paid on time and there were no problems. 
However my ex has recently had his work hours reduced and therefore earning less than before. 
He told CSA who worked out the new amount for him to pay and sent me a letter. 
The problem is that the letter I received has different information to the letter they sent him. 
Mine states the new reduced amount he is to pay each month and says “You should still receive any remaining payments due to you between now and the start of the new plan”. He pays on the 1st of each month (the next payment being due on 1st May) and the new payment plan is from 11th May onwards. This to me means he should pay the original payment amount due to me on 1st May and then after 11th May the new plan starts and he pays the lower new payment starting 1st June?
I sent him a copy of this letter but he sent back a copy of the letter he received which is different. His states that the new payment plan begins on 1st May? Which is correct??

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,815
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    You have posted your question on the benefits part of the forum. You'll receive more help over on the child support part of the forum.
  • mellyc
    mellyc Posts: 30
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks I’ve reposted on child support category. No help or advice yet tho 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business