New Post Advanced Search

Now TV - Coronavirus generosity?

23 replies 2.1K views
CornucopiaCornucopia Forumite
15.3K posts
Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭✭
My existing Now TV 6 month free pass was due to end next month.   Oh no!  How will I finish watching Westworld?!

Never fear, Now TV is here.   Well...  they sent me an email giving me a new "offer", and that will be 6 months at £0.00pm.   It doesn't mention Coronavirus explicitly, but I presume this is an automatic repeat of my existing offer to avoid the possibility of cancellation to save a few pounds during the CV crisis.
Ex Board Guide

Replies

• BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    47.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a cinema pass , as it got towards expiry date they offered 6months at £2.99 automatically applied for me . If I didn't want it I just needed to cancel.

I accepted
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    47.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must add I purchased the voucher from Amazon for £3.99 rather than full price directly .

Instant email with code 
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • pphillipspphillips Forumite
    1.1K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I was getting Entertainment at £1.80 for 3 months then during cancellation they offered another 3 months at £5.39 a month. I decided that this was too much of a jump so I cancelled and am now just waiting for the email offer to come through.
  • trickydicky14trickydicky14 Forumite
    256 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    I'm also getting Entertainment at £1.80 for 3 months, I hope I don't get asked to pay £5.39 when I cancel.
    I have not payed more than about £4 a month in over 18 months, just keep cancelling and the offers keep coming, 'So far'
  • jon81ukjon81uk Forumite
    1K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I took £5.39 offered during cancellation too. Maybe I should have cancelled completely and waited to see if I get an email
  • CornucopiaCornucopia Forumite
    15.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The email I got was prior to cancellation - completely unsolicited.
    Ex Board Guide
  • GabiBGabiB Forumite
    213 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Occasionally my Dad gets Uber-cheap NOW TV offers even non Coronavirus times, think it’s just something they do?
    13 year old MoneySaving geek who loves reading MSE and who’s dream came true appearing on Martin’s show 😃
  • rjmachinrjmachin Forumite
    89 posts
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    I get my Now TV Cinema Pass from Amazon at the moment.  This month I have paid £2.79, same last month and £3.49 the month before.
    I am currently using the 2 month entertainment passes that you can buy from Currys / Argos for £10 (£5 per month) which I got for Christmas, but once they run out I will be using Amazon for entertainment passes too.
  • KxMxKxMx Forumite
    8.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had £1.80 for three months when I tried to cancel, then applied a 50p per month two month deal (hukd). 

I've now cancelled as only offered £5.39 for three months. 

I'm hoping to get an emailed offer, if not I'll re-start then cancel accepting the £5.39 deal. Only a few days left for all this to happen. 
  • tizerbelletizerbelle Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I was on £1.80 for 3 months that should end 7 June.  Logged in to my account to cancel the pass before it goes back up to £8.99 only to find that they have applied a new offer keeping the £1.80 for another 6 months.  I honestly dont recall getting an email about it.