Forum Home» Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning» Auto-enrolment

**Please ignore I've posted to main Pensions Forum** How soon after incorporation does a limited

New Post Advanced Search

**Please ignore I've posted to main Pensions Forum** How soon after incorporation does a limited

edited 20 April at 11:21AM in Auto-enrolment
tominatortominator Forumite
14 posts
Tenth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
MoneySaving Newbie
edited 20 April at 11:21AM in Auto-enrolment
Hi all,

Apologies if this question has already asked but I have been unsuccessful in finding an answer, but as the title suggests I'd like to know how soon after incorporation does a limited company have to set up a workplace pension scheme?

The reason I ask is that my employer is in the process of closing down one limited company and has moved my employment to another 2 months ago. The same level of pension contributions have been deducted from my salary but I have received no notification that I have been enrolled in a scheme and I'm wondering if a new Limited Company doesn't need to set that up immediately (the company appears to have been incorporated in September 2019).

I am trying to arm myself with as much information as I can as I have been informed by my existing workplace pension provider that no contributions have been made for a year (albeit they have been stopped from my pay). This will of course all be lost when that company closes but it appears we are starting out the new company in the same manner.

Oh and by the way, my boss is my Father in Law; nice right?!

Many thanks in advance for your help.