Forum Home» Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance

PPi, Barclay's bank has placed false loan accounts in place of originals

New Post Advanced Search

PPi, Barclay's bank has placed false loan accounts in place of originals

111 replies 3.9K views
ph55ph55 Forumite
60 posts
10 Posts
My bank has stopped consent for ombudsman dealing with my ppi,  I found 3 bogus loan accounts, and two where covering a true large loan from 14 years ago 

Replies

• edited 2 April at 10:03PM
    zx81zx81 Forumite
    29K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 April at 10:03PM
    If you have 'bogus' accounts, you need to report them as fraudulent.

But bear in mind that if you know who opened them, eg a family member, you will need to give their details to the lender.

The PPI then becomes a non issue.
  • ph55ph55 Forumite
    60 posts
    10 Posts
    The bank have placed the bogus loan accounts to cover a large loan with ppi on it, and said two loans have no ppi but did pay commission on them?? The original loan was taken out in 2006 and was for £21, 500 so large amount of refund,  I produced STATEMENTS to ombudsman then my bank stopped consent.
  • edited 2 April at 10:28PM
    zx81zx81 Forumite
    29K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 April at 10:28PM
    Your posts are not making sense.

What do you mean by these 'bogus' accounts?  Have you reported this alleged fraud to the police?

Which of the loans were yours? And why do believe the PPI was mis sold?

And why is STATEMENTS in capital letters?
  • brettctabrettcta Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the bank’s ‘stopped consent’ it’s likely that you’ve referred it to the FOS too late. If this is the case, it’s game over, thanks for playing.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • ph55ph55 Forumite
    60 posts
    10 Posts
    Ombudsman  said as the bank has stopped consent, they have passed case on to there legal team,  just wondering if anyone else in the many ppi cases, have gone through or going through same thing ??? 
  • ph55ph55 Forumite
    60 posts
    10 Posts
    The ombudsman was waiting for response from bank,   as statements show different from there none ppi loans, obviously bank  thought I would not have evidence going back 14 years, and the bank got back to ombudsman to we no longer consent to you looking into this account 
  • ph55ph55 Forumite
    60 posts
    10 Posts
    I thinking how claims have not been  refunded because most people do not have paperwork, ive had 10 loans over the years all had ppi before 2008,  the two bogus loan accounts where placed within start date and end date of a  large loan, I have the letter off the bank saying these 2 loans have no ppi but we refund commission.  And tax was taken out before I received the payment.  Anyway case continues 
  • ph55ph55 Forumite
    60 posts
    10 Posts
    Yes bank is fraudulent to me and the tax man, paying tax on loans that don't exist, also avoiding paying me ppi on a large loan and the tax related to it 
  • -taff-taff Forumite
    12K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they have stopped consent for the ombudsman to look into your complaint, then the only reason they would have done this is that you have been timebarred, either because they already wrote to you and you ignored the letter, or because you coplained after the deadline.
    If either one of those apply, your complaint is over. No point going on and on about it.

• ph55ph55 Forumite
    60 posts
    10 Posts
    No I think it's just the beginning of a large can of worms being opened, ombudsman has put there legal team on it, so I just waiting for the outcome, I was just seeing if anyone in same situation, one thing is for sure, it's not end of case, thinking I will know more after 5th  April (end of tax year and all that)