New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

VLS 60 to 80

4 replies 262 views
londonwayfarerlondonwayfarer Forumite
6 posts
Seventh Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
MoneySaving Newbie
Hi All - Apologies upfront, I am sure this has been asked before, but I am struggling to locate the relevant thread, and after spending 45 mins trying to find the answer have decided to post a query here.

situation - I have VLS60 units and I want to switch to VLS 80. I am using Interactive Investor platform.
query - how do I do this without exposing my trade to the current volatile markets. Do I do this by submitting the VLS60 sell and VLS 80 buy order (have got funds in the account) at the same time - will that mean that both orders will get executed at the same time (whenever that is)?

Regards,
Londonwayfarer

Replies

• masonicmasonic Forumite
    13.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have sufficient cash on your account then yes you can place the buy and sell orders at the same time and they'll execute at the same valuation point.
  • edited 25 March at 10:57PM
    bowlhead99bowlhead99 Forumite
    10.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Post of the Month
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 25 March at 10:57PM
    If you put the orders in at the same time (does not need to be the exact same minute, just to catch the same cut-off time for next valuation point), then you will sell one and buy the other at the same valuation point. So you will have your investment in '60 until whatever date and time, and start the investment in '80 from the same point.

If you did it online right now, you will definitely go 'out and in' at Thursday night's valuation.
  • ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    71.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Both transactions will be undertaken at the same pricing point. 

“An investor who has all the answers doesn’t even understand all the questions.” - John Templeton
  • londonwayfarerlondonwayfarer Forumite
    6 posts
    Seventh Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Thanks a lot everyone for the quick replies.