Forum Home » Loans

Terms & Conditions for Argos /ARG Loans request

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Terms & Conditions for Argos /ARG Loans request

3 replies 113 views
phoenix2bphoenix2b Forumite
11 posts
I need to check that  a photocopy of the Terms & Conditions from Argos reflects the year my loan was taken out. There is no date on the page provided, nor personal details, this was supposedly the reverse of the signed agreement which I have a copy of.  There are a list of fees for late payments etc, so I hope to get information on what year relates to those specific amounts.  Would this be applied for under the Freedom of Iformation Act?

Replies

• edited 24 March at 8:54PM
    zx81zx81 Forumite
    27.7K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 24 March at 8:54PM
    No. You just need to ask them.
  • chanz4chanz4 Forumite
    10.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You trying to get out of paying by any chance?
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • sasha20sasha20 Forumite
    43 posts
    10 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    You can request it, but it'll just elongate the process and eventually they will probably provide you with some information. I wouldn't try to use that as a technicality on which to wriggle out of your debt though because the overwhelming likelihood is that it won't work with the Ombudsman and even less likely to work if you follow the full legal route.