Forum Home» Competitions Time» Game Over

E: 24/08 (+3) Win £35,000 & Prix de L’Arc de Triomphe package with ITV

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

E: 24/08 (+3) Win £35,000 & Prix de L’Arc de Triomphe package with ITV

20 replies 1.3K views
PainkillerPainkiller Forumite
6.1K posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭
Courtesy of Racing Breaks, you’ll enjoy a 3 night stay in Paris culminating with hospitality for 4 at Europe’s most prestigious flat race on the 4th of October! You’ll also have the chance to meet Frankie Dettori AND the legendary Enable, aiming for a record-breaking third Arc win, at her stable in England!

Post your NAME and NUMBER to:

HR 02,
PO Box 7558,
Derby,
DE1 0NQ

or

Text PARIS to 68300

or

Call 0906 878 8300

or

Premium charged online entry here - requires Paypal, Apple Pay or Direct to Mobile Billing.

Rules
The prize is time sensitive and the winner will be contacted on or after the close date and will be called in accordance with Clause 5.3 of the ITV General Competition, Vote and Poll Terms.

Prize Draw closes for entries via PRTS, SMS and online at 3.00pm on Monday 24 August 2020. 

Prize Draw closes for entries via post at 3.00pm on Thursday 27 August 2020.   

Entry Limits
15 Paid PRTS entries per phone number
15 Paid SMS entries per phone number
30 Paid Online entries via Paypal, Apple Pay or Direct to Mobile Billing per phone number
Unlimited Postal entries

If ITV have reason to believe that an individual entrant to their competitions or prize draws has made 30 or more entries using different phone numbers from any one entry platform then the Promoter will treat this as an attempt to unfairly influence the competition or prize draw and all entries submitted by that entrant will be discounted.

The winner must be a UK resident aged 18 years or over at the time of entering the competition, and may be required to confirm proof of age and eligibility.

Text entries costs £2.00 plus one standard network rate message.  If you do not want to receive SMS marketing texts about similar products and services, please add NO INFO at the end of your SMS text entry.

A single online entry costs £2.00 plus any standard network rate message where applicable. Paid and free entry bundles may be offered from time to time as stated on the website.

In the case of multiple entries received in an envelope or postcard, only one entry will be entered into the Prize Draw. Sufficient postage must be paid – any entries without sufficient postage will be discounted.

Qatar Prix de L’Arc de Triomphe package
There is one (1) prize of a Qatar Prix de L’Arc de Triomphe package for the winner and up to three (3) companions (the “Package”) which includes the following:

·       Four (4) tickets to Saint-Cloud Raceday on Friday 2 October 2020, including return transfers to Saint-Cloud Racecourse (Saint-Cloud, France);
·       Four (4) Grandstand seats tickets for days racing at Longchamp Racecourse on Saturday 3 October 2020, including return transfers to Longchamp Racecourse (Paris, France);
·       Racing Breaks drinks evening with Frankie Dettori on Saturday 3 October 2020 (the location and timings will be confirmed at a later date by the Prize provider of the Package);
·       Racing Breaks Pre-Racing Luncheon on Sunday 4 October 2020 including: champagne reception, canapes, three course lunch, half a bottle of wine, guest speakers and transfer from the restaurant to Paris Longchamp.
·       Four (4) Grandstand Seats hospitality tickets to the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe on Sunday 4 October 2020 including:
o   A private lounge on the 3rd floor of the main grandstand;
o   Reserved seat for the day;
o   Complimentary bar including soft drinks, wines, champagne and sweet bites from 1.30pm;
o   Access to weighing room, to the lawn in front of the Finishing line and to the Arc Gardens; and
o   €10 betting voucher included;
·       Meet and greet with Frankie and Enable racehorse at a separate time (after the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe) at the Prize Provider’s discretion;
·       Three (3) night accommodation in a four-star hotel based on four (4) people sharing two (2) twin or double rooms (subject to availability) on a bed and breakfast basis on Friday 2 October. Saturday 3 October and Sunday 4 October 2020.
·       Return Eurostar travel from London St Pancras to Paris Gare du Nord (flexible timings are offered, subject to availability):
o   Inbound journey on Friday 2 October 2020; and
o   Outbound journey on Monday 5 October 2020; and
·       Return transfers from Paris Gare du Nord to the hotel.

The Prize Provider shall supply dress code details to the winner with the ticket pack.

The Prize will take place from Friday 2 October to Monday 5 October 2020 inclusive. It is the responsibility of the winner and their companion(s) to ensure they are available to take up the Prize on these dates. There is no cash alternative and the whole prize is non-transferable.

The Parties acknowledge that in the event that Frankie Dettori is unable to attend the Racing Breaks drinks evening or he and/or Enable racehorse are unable to meet and greet the winner and their companion(s) at a later date due to injury, the Prize Provider shall provide an alternative short meet and greet with Frankie Dettori (and Enable racehorse as applicable) at a similar event within 6 months of the Qatar Prix de L’Arc de Triomphe. The winner and their companion(s) acknowledge that in the event that no races take place at any Event for any particular reason, the Promoter does not accept responsibility in these circumstances and no alternative prize will be provided.

The winner will need a current and valid credit/debit card with sufficient available funds in order to check in at the hotel for security deposit purpose.

The winner and their companion(s) must hold a current and valid passport and any other relevant travel documentation required for travel to and entry to France. It is the responsibility of the winner to (i) organize and pay costs associated with obtaining visas for the travelling party, (ii) ensure that the travelling party is adequately insured including without limitation covering overseas medical costs, and (iii) ensure that the travelling party adheres to the travel itinerary and other relevant safety instructions as set out by the Prize provider of the Package. It is the responsibility of the winner to inform the Prize provider of the Package of any wheelchair or similar access requirements for the winner and/or their companion when taking up the prize, and to adhere to any applicable health and safety guidelines. Particular attention should be given to the travel advice on https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france.

There is no age restrictions however where the winner’s companion is aged under 18 years old, the companion must have prior parental or guardian permission to accompany the winner when taking up the Prize. Any alcohol or betting voucher included in the provision of the Prize will not be offered to anyone under the age of 18.

The Prize excludes all ground transfers in the UK (including but not limited to return transfers from the winner’s home address to London St Pancras station), meals and drinks (other than specified above), car hire, travel insurance and spending money.

The Prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the manufacturer and/or supplier as relevant.

Replies

• One-EyeOne-Eye Forumite
    51.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    djxflow said:
    So you can enter as many times as you wish by post?
    Entry Limits
    15 Paid PRTS entries per phone number
    15 Paid SMS entries per phone number
    30 Paid Online entries via Paypal, Apple Pay or Direct to Mobile Billing per phone number

Unlimited Postal entries
    Yes - but each entry must be posted individually with full postage paid - you can not send multiple entries in one envelope.

• PainkillerPainkiller Forumite
    6.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    djxflow said:
    Can you send it by franked post?

[email protected]
  • smitchy73smitchy73 Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    djxflow said:
    Can you send it by franked post?
    I think you can but if it's from a business, be careful as the royal mail watches for that type of mail to those comp addresses unless of course you own the company, or paying post office to Frank it for you.
    Thanks to all the competition posters.
  • skintpaulskintpaul Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    With corona still ongoing, would there be any alternative event offered, if this years' race weekend was cancelled?  Or extra ££, in lieu?

Could not see details on the ITV win page, for this- most likely, i'd think they would defer until 2021..?
    breathe in, breathe out- You're alive! Everything else is a bonus, right? RIGHT??
    1.9K posts
    ✭✭✭
    This is taken from above posts.

"The Parties acknowledge that in the event that Frankie Dettori is unable to attend the Racing Breaks drinks evening or he and/or Enable racehorse are unable to meet and greet the winner and their companion(s) at a later date due to injury, the Prize Provider shall provide an alternative short meet and greet with Frankie Dettori (and Enable racehorse as applicable) at a similar event within 6 months of the Qatar Prix de L’Arc de Triomphe. The winner and their companion(s) acknowledge that in the event that no races take place at any Event for any particular reason, the Promoter does not accept responsibility in these circumstances and no alternative prize will be provided."
  • Comping_RichComping_Rich Forumite
    5.4K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is no longer on the ITV website. I wonder if they have cancelled it?
    Stay At Home
    Protect The NHS
    Save Lives
    :)
    Stay Alert
    Control The Virus
    Save Lives

• cinders59cinders59 Forumite
    7.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Comping_Rich said:
    This is no longer on the ITV website. I wonder if they have cancelled it?
    I got a reply

We closed this competition due to Corona Virus. Our Interactive team have contacted all those who entered to process a refund.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards

Pio

ITV Customer & Viewer Services Agent

Thanks to all who post comps :)
    ITV winners membersclub#2
  • cinders59cinders59 Forumite
    7.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I entered via postcard/envelope, I havent been contacted via a refund for a stamp, I am assuming that they are only refunding people who text entries
    Thanks to all who post comps :)
    ITV winners membersclub#2
    1.9K posts
    ✭✭✭
    cinders59 said:
    I entered via postcard/envelope, I havent been contacted via a refund for a stamp, I am assuming that they are only refunding people who text entries
    Me either, although I think i'll pass out if they phone me and say it's ITV here....we're giving you a refund of two stamps, instead of you've won £35,000.  This is rubbish, i'd have been happy to win the cash and forego the Racing..just me though.
    1.9K posts
    ✭✭✭
    I've sent an email to them, even suggesting offering just the cash prize or indeed moving any 'free' postal entries to another competition, as although ITV don't gain from my postal entry, I lose out on the chance to win.