New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH
FOREIGN OFFICE TRAVEL ADVICE * FURLOUGH UPDATE * MORTGAGE LENDING

impact of COVID19 virus

2 replies 224 views
soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
65K posts
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭✭✭
I didn't think there was any need to remind people about this and it's possible impact on deliveries and exports but I noticed a thread on a different forum where some sellers and buyers seem totally unaware of it.

There are few if any flights going to certain areas within China so if anyone is waiting for stock from places like Alibaba or Aliexpress there is going to be a noticeable delay , no one can say when airfreight will resume in quantity. Likewise if you ship worldwide you might want to consider blocking certain Far East countries for a while, the chances of getting goods there within the UK timeframes is slim. 
I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
New to Forum? Guide

Replies

• forgotmynameforgotmyname Forumite
    30.6K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe someone should tell ebay?   Ordered something as the Chinese new year started. No rush for the item
    and it clearly stated the buyer would be away until the 16th Feb. Expected delivery date the 18th Feb...
    (could have been the 14th/16th) either way just 2 days from when the seller returns.

Not sure how they expect the seller to get the item to me within 2 days???

Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• edited 20 February at 9:01AM
    soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    65K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 20 February at 9:01AM
    Maybe someone should tell ebay?   Ordered something as the Chinese new year started. No rush for the item
    and it clearly stated the buyer would be away until the 16th Feb. Expected delivery date the 18th Feb...
    (could have been the 14th/16th) either way just 2 days from when the seller returns.

Not sure how they expect the seller to get the item to me within 2 days???

That is a seller issue though, assuming they are shipping from overseas they have forgotten to change their dispatch time.  This is a common problem and comes up a lot on various forums, some sellers seem to think that if they put a holiday message up it magically changes the estimated delivery dates and they don’t have to do anything.

I would hope that any seller who has access to the internet and who knows they can’t ship at all will have temporarily closed their shop, otherwise we may see huge swathes of Far East sellers losing their accounts due to defects. However having said that there is as yet no warning on Aliexpress , nor any restrictions on buying, when as things stand at the moment they cannot actually ship anything.

i have also seen no announcement yet from eBay warning against trying to ship to certain countries , so if people are unaware and ship to China using airmail they will be almost certain to get defects or INR claims. 

I posted the warning as on other forums there are sellers already facing INR claims and also buyers opening multiple INR claims where their goods don’t even show as shipped yet and in some occasions where an upgraded faster service has been paid for. 
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide