»

ERROR MESSAGE when saving after editing.

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

ERROR MESSAGE when saving after editing.

edited 18 February at 4:40PM in Site Feedback
5 replies 41 views
One-EyeOne-Eye Forumite
50.2K posts
Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 18 February at 4:40PM in Site Feedback
I have some old threads that I edit on an almost daily basis. I have edited these several times since the new forum launched with no problems.
Today when I click on "Save" I get the error message shown below. Note that the edited post HAS been saved if I close the error and "cancel" (so it may be a redirection problem after the operation - you are sent to the end of the thread when I would expect you to remain at the post you've edited). This happens on post #1 but not on any subsequent posts in the thread.

FYI - Each of these threads I maintain is basically an index to other threads on the forum. I know (from the (now solved) problems reported with thread length and inability to edit post#1) that this type of thing is used on several different parts of the forum, but on Competitions Time we have a whole sub-forum that is made up entirely of this kind of thread.

Replies