New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Help to buy ISA application - NATWEST

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
1 reply 451 views
DOMRIDERDOMRIDER Forumite
7 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
Applied for a help to buy ISA on the 27th of November and because of the backlog decided to hold off contacting customer services to chase the application.

I received two letters in the post which I imagine was to do with the fact I put two applications in due to the fact I wasn't sure it was successfully submitted.

I hadn't heard anything since so upon calling Natwest customer services today with an application number (from a screenshot - I never received a confirmation email) they cannot seem to find any documentation and after 28 days the application expires.

I wanted to see if anybody had a similar experience?

Thanks

Replies

• Rich2808Rich2808 Forumite
    959 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    You say you got two letters in the post? What did they say - did you comply with the instructions?

If they failed to process your application within the 28 days then that is hardly your fault and you should complain - but if they did and you simply failed to pay any funds in within the 28 day cut off (or failed to return signed forms) that is another matter.

Given the huge volume of applications they got they ought to be flexible - I am sure similar issues arose with other providers. A couple of people posted on here about big delays with opening at HTB isa with Nationwide as well.