New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Score and buying help

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in House Buying, Renting & Selling
2 replies 221 views
BiilBiil Forumite
88 posts
10 Posts Name Dropper
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in House Buying, Renting & Selling
Hi everyone, I had few questions

1. If I have one bank say Halifax that I been with many years but then open another bank with someone else to, would my chances for a buying a house or getting mortgages with Halifax become slim ? As to having just one bank ?

2. When a credit check is ran e.g mobile phone etc do they run history check or is it a credit check on that bank account? E.g if I have 2 account or two banks ?

Replies

• zx81zx81 Forumite
    30.5K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Little difference, but I wouldn't do it just before a mortgage application.
    2. It's a credit check - looking at the full content of your credit files. Your score doesn't come into it either way.
  • BiilBiil Forumite
    88 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    Thank you, It few months before I do a mortgage, Just checking things out before, I do the process