Forum Home» Consumer Rights

Currys won’t replace faulty TV

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Currys won’t replace faulty TV

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Consumer Rights
3 replies 398 views
franbodfranbod Forumite
2 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Consumer Rights
Hi guys,
I’m hoping someone can advise if the below is correct and if I have any rights to protect me from paying Currys extra money for a TV.

We purchased our TV during Black Friday 2019. It had some faults and after doing some system reboots and the like, Currys said the TV would need to be looked at to be repaired.

Sadly, the part needed to repair the TV is discontinued so they have sent us a voucher for the original purchase price (£199).
The TV is no longer this price and is £230. Currys have said if we want a replacement, we will have to pay the extra for the same TV (which is currently in stock).

Is this legal (seems very dodgy for a 2 month old TV. I presume the 1 year warranty applies?
If this is the case, can we request a cash refund instead of a voucher for Currys as we can get the TV on AO for £199 still?
There is no product of same spec at the price of £199 currently on sale at Currys.

Any advise would be great as we feel like we are being forced to spend more money at Currys when they sold us a faulty product.

Replies