Advice Please

edited 2 January 2020 at 8:56PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
19 replies 377 views
KaribaKariba Forumite
7 Posts
A parking fine has been received from the 31st August 2019.Photo based notification of this fine as received through the post on the 30th October 2019.

The initial appeal through the parking company UKPC argued bad signage, and the fact that they took 60 days to post the fine along with a photo of the car. UKPC turned her down.

Your forum states that "(If a ticket wasn't initially given on your windscreen, the same rules apply, but the Notice to Keeper should be sent within 15 days of the alleged parking offence.)"

Can someone please point me to where this is stated in an official capacity as I would like to appeal to POPLA.

Thank you

Replies

• RedxRedx Forumite
    36.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think your dates above are incorrect, well one of them, please edit it

POFA stipulates the 14 day rule for keeper liability, please read the relevant section (its the law and is 7 years old)

I hope she did not reveal the identity of the driver, if she did then POFA is irrelevant
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    27.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is spelt out in paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to show us your POPLA draft appeal for checking as you seem to need help from us, if you are unfamiliar with the POFA.

You have 33 days to do it so loads of time (NOT 28 days so please don't tell us that, not quoting it from anywhere - spare us - thanks!).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thank you Redex. Yes I have edited now. My daughter is the registered keeper and was driving at the time.

I have read and tried to understand the POFA from the link kindly left by KeithP.

As suggested by Coupon Mad, I would be really so grateful for help with appeal.
  • edited 1 January 2020 at 10:54PM
    RedxRedx Forumite
    36.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 January 2020 at 10:54PM
    you should refrain from naming the driver on open forums on the internet

for parking charge purposes, the keeper and driver are two different entities

read post #3 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread for examples of popla appeals, then start drafting your own for her

ideally , read recent 2019 winners at popla and follow what they did

ps:- the dates are still incorrect , plus show us her initial appeal so we can see if the driver was revealed or not
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • Egbert_NobaconEgbert_Nobacon Forumite
    425 Posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Please make it clear for us as to the date of the alleged transgression and the date the NTK was issued.

Did she identify the driver in her appeal ?
  • Again thank you Redex. Edited! I will read on the POPLA #3.

So far I have not been able to find any success stories but I will keep looking - probably just me!!

No names have been posted.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    What, you haven't read POPLA Decisions, the obvious thread of successes?
  • Forgive me CouponMad, I'm wading through all the posts and the BPA rubbish.

The BPA say and quote on timeframes for issuing an ANPR..."
    My ticket has not been issued within 14 days – does that make it invalid?

The timeframe of 14 days only applies if the operator is relying on the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012. If the operator has not mentioned the use of the legislation within their notice, then they do not have to stick to the timelines stipulated within the Act. This usually applies to tickets issued using ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition)."

Really??
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    That is true of course.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides