12 month offer soon ending, when is

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
6 replies 890 views
SeeMeSeeMe Forumite
343 Posts
Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
The offer ends on feb 21 so will have to pay full price from then unless i get another offer on my BB. If its not acceptable when would be the best time to initiate the switch without incuring any charges or very little at least.

Replies

• edited 23 December 2019 at 10:38PM
    iniltousiniltous Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 23 December 2019 at 10:38PM
    If you don’t get an acceptable retention offer , it’s 10-14 days for a migration order, so Feb 7th or a day or two after, if it’s done a little before the ETC shouldn’t be much , and a little late , it should just be a couple of days at the higher rate.
    In my opinion it’s not worth trying to get the exact anniversary date, just aim to be within a couple of days.
  • SeeMeSeeMe Forumite
    343 Posts
    ✭✭
    iniltous wrote: »
    If you don’t get an acceptance retention offer , it’s 10-14 days for a migration order, so Feb 7th or a day or two after, if it’s done a little before the ETC shouldn’t be much , and a little late , it should just be a couple of days at the higher rate.
    In my opinion it’s not worth trying to get the exact anniversary date, just aim to be within a couple of days.

Thanks.
    Yes that sounds reasonable, just hope i can get a good retention offer from sky, its been stable, but living far from my exchange i can only get 4.5mb at the very best less overheads which bring it down further. Living close to the street cabinet as i do, fibre estimate is 76mb but the price can restrict me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    SeeMe wrote: »
    Thanks.
    Yes that sounds reasonable, just hope i can get a good retention offer from sky, its been stable, but living far from my exchange i can only get 4.5mb at the very best less overheads which bring it down further. Living close to the street cabinet as i do, fibre estimate is 76mb but the price can restrict me.

The lowest ADSL from the deal checker (at the top of the page) at my location at least is an effective £11.74, fibre starts at an effective £15.49. I don't know what's available for yourself but the difference between ADSL & fibre has never been smaller. For a pound a week the improvement for yourself would be huge. Sky aren't renown for their BB deals nowadays so look around.
  • SeeMeSeeMe Forumite
    343 Posts
    ✭✭
    The lowest ADSL from the deal checker (at the top of the page) at my location at least is an effective £11.74, fibre starts at an effective £15.49. I don't know what's available for yourself but the difference between ADSL & fibre has never been smaller. For a pound a week the improvement for yourself would be huge. Sky aren't renown for their BB deals nowadays so look around.
    Thanks

Colin_Maybe

Yes i would really like to get fibre and the price you mention would be acceptable, i will look around as you suggest and just see if i can get a good deal.
  • edited 24 December 2019 at 1:38PM
    SeeMeSeeMe Forumite
    343 Posts
    ✭✭
    edited 24 December 2019 at 1:38PM
    These are my current stats living a fair distance from my exchange, not very good for

present day. I see my noise margin is quite high and upstream quite low.
    Had to edit the stats a bit

Router Statistics

System Up Time: 1701:14:42
    Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collision Pkts Tx b/s Rx b/s Up Time WANPPPoA--1443:51:25 LANUp--1422:14:42 WLANUp3679996862522269240 1498 000:01:59
    Broadband Link Downstream Upstream Connection Speed (Kbps)4140down
    308up---Line Attenuation (dB)57.035.7Noise Margin (dB)11.36.2
    Poll Interval:

Seconds (at least 3s):
    Set Interval Stop
  • SeeMeSeeMe Forumite
    343 Posts
    ✭✭
    Just did a checker availability for BT fibre and it gave this message below,

"You can get a speed guarantee of 100Mb with Ultrafast Fibre 100",

So there is an advantage living close to the street cabinet as i do.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides