Car Park Operator now booted off the site, Would this help my defence in court?

After seeing a headline in our local newspaper that OPS have been relieved of their operation on our little 20 bay 2 hour max parking area, served by Costa Greggs and a Co-op after so many complaints, which culminated in our local MP getting involved, due to their alleged underhand and overzealous mistreatment of the shops customers due to everybody being snared by anpr cctv secreted at the corner of the roof when customers parked for a few minutes on the blank tarmac in front of Costa if all bays were taken or when dropping off or collecting somebody, including me earlier in the year (recorded as being there for 4 minutes).
The landowner has now replaced them with another operator who made it their first job to install double yellow lines on the blank piece of tarmac to avoid any confusion.
Question : Would a Northamptonshire judge look favourably at the defence of my case (yet to be filed) based on the details above that I have explained?
Any help on this matter (especially Coupon Mad) would be appreciated.

Replies

• edited 30 November 2019 at 9:17PM
    KeithPKeithP Forumite
    27.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 November 2019 at 9:17PM
    A Northamptonshire judge?
    Is you local county court in Northamptonshire?

That's now three threads we have on this incident.

Please re-read my comments on your earlier thread:
  • No East Sussex is my area, why do you ask? Any advice on the above from anybody except KeithP would be more than helpful.
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    36.8K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He asks because if East Sussex is your area then East Sussex is or should be where your local County Court is situated , nothing to do with Northamptonshire
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • It seems OPS solicitors Gladstones put everything through there at St Katharines House Court, is that wrong of them and to be challenged?
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    36.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope , everybody issues an MCOL through that site , it's a government office like the DVLA in Swansea , it had to go somewhere , no judges in that building , it's just an office manned by civil servants , it's NOT a court

If this was about unpaid rent , it would still start there
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • So the facts I laid out above would have absolutely no credibility in that place and I might as well just pay up?
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    36.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would ask for your local County Court for civil claims , which you Google first , add to your DQ and submit it , so if Brighton has a county Court , you would be going there

The CCBC will then try to allocate your county court , so if you know where that is then it's there where the judge will answer your question from post #1

Nobody on here can answer your question , only a judge (but you would hope the evidence you produce would support your stance)

KeithP was correct in querying Northamptonshire
    Newbies !!
  • Thanks for the advice, so get in touch with my county court Monday about it?
    DQ meaning?
    Thanks for your help
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    36.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No , nothing to do with your local court yet , procedures need to be followed , be it about parking or rent arrears

See the newbies faq sticky thread near the top of the forum for your queries and acronyms
    Newbies !!
  • FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    52.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to give us a lot more information before we can start to help you.

Did the defendant receive a NTD and or a NTK?
    Was an NTK received that complied with the strict requirements of the PoFA 2012?
    Did the keeper appeal to the PPC?
    Did they subsequently appeal to PoPLA?
    Has the driver's identity been revealed at any point?
    What did the landowner say when the keeper complained?

If you are now at the defence stage, did you submit the AoS in a timely manner?

Have you read the guide to court written by bargepole that you will find in post 2 of the NEWBIES thread yet?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides