Parking Charge Notice for using car park after business hours

hi,

I have read the newbie post and a few other postings trying to find a similar situations.

I did park in a private car park at 9pm on a Saturday. The car park is for a GP and the signage states "GP users only whilst remaining on site". The GPs hours are only Mon-Fri and the barrier is not used (always open). I need to go back at night and check if the sign is lit up, but let's assume it is.

The CPM is Comprehensive Management Services, they are part of IPC

I cannot argue that I should not have used the car park (unless the sign is too dark to read at night), however there was no loss of business and no financial impact from my usage of the car park. I would be happy to pay a reduced fee of £20 or so, but there is no impact that would justify £100 (nor the £60 reduced fee)

If I do have a case I will use a template to appeal. If not I would rather pay the reduced £60 than the £100

Thanks

Replies

• Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    If I do have a case
    Yes for a defence to a court claim, there is always scope.
    I will use a template to appeal.
    ONLY use the template in the NEWBIES thread then ignore them until you get a court claim.
    If not I would rather pay the reduced £60 than the £100
    No, you really wouldn't. STOP RIGHT THERE!

If the sign was prominent you wouldn't have parked. I've never been there but we know it is NOT lit, they never are, that's the way this industry ''work''.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In these cases you will win in court if the PPC has failed at least one of the many hurdles they have to clear. Read the stickies and as [FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]nine times out of ten these tickets are scams, consider complaining to your MP after the election. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
    Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.[/FONT][/FONT]
    l
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides