UK Car Park Management PCN Notice - Please help

Hi,
I could really do with some advise.
We have received a PCN from CPM stating that the vehicle was parked in a manner whereby the driver became liable for a parking charge. This was captured on CCTV.

The vehicle was parked outside the gate at the property that I am a resident of. It was parked for no more than 6 minutes - the two captured images are 2 minutes apart. There was an emergency where the person driving had to collect a sick person from my property and quickly take them to A&E.

As the person is a resident at the property that the vehicle was momentarily parked at and registered at, and paying council tax, can a PCN still be given? As they have parked at their own property?

I am grateful for any advise.

Thanks

Replies

• The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Have you read this[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]http://parking-prankster.blogspot.com/2016/11/residential-parking.html[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]what does your lease/AST say about parking? Does it mention the need to display a permit? If not then it may take primacy over the self serving TnC of the scammer, and interfere with your lawful [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]right to “quiet enjoyment” of your property, possible an offence under The Landlord and Tenants Acts.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams, so consider complaining to your MP after the election, it can cause the scammer extra costs and work, and in some cases, cancellation.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.[/FONT][/FONT]
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Thank you, I will have a read. The property is a gated set of apartments and the vehicle was parked outside of the gate - to the side- so not blocking entrance. Nothing is stated about parking permits in the tenancy agreement. There is signage.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Bacon flavoured toothpaste

Can you help this Forumite track some down?

Join the Forum discussion

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News