Received ESA payment early, is this usual?

Earlier on today I applied for a Severe Disability premium, which they told me I would hear back within two weeks, but when I checked my balance earlier on DWP have paid my usual ESA amount today instead of Tuesday, is this normal? I've also just won my PIP tribunal a couple of weeks ago. It was done as a faster payment so doesn't look to be a mistake...

Comments

• Did it include the SDP?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    venison wrote: »
    Did it include the SDP?
    OP says they paid the usual amount.
    Galarboy wrote: »
    DWP have paid my usual ESA amount today instead of Tuesday,..
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • sportsarb
    sportsarb Posts: 1,069
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Without getting too technical, sometimes people need to clear 'actions' on a claim in order to release payment, this can be for numerous reasons too boring to elaborate on. When they do this it can present a payment for them to issue and they don't always pay attention to the 'due date' which for you is Tuesday, instead they call up the payment and issue it as a faster payment when there is absolutely no need to do so, and in fact there are many good reasons for not doing so as they are more expensive than regular payments.

If I had to bet on it I would say it was clearing one of those actions...or your claim is having to be held clerically for a short period of time, and they just issued the payment without thinking about the due date.
  • Sorry totally missed that !
  • calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    venison wrote: »
    Sorry totally missed that !
    Easily done. Have often done it myself.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure