edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
15 replies 1.5K views
2»

Replies

• in_my_welliesin_my_wellies Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Years ago I sold 2for1 coupons. Another seller copied and used my photo. Goodness knows why as it had a distinctive tablecloth in the background. Many other listings had white backgrounds and could have been copied without anyone noticing.
    I got a message from ebay saying the other sellers listing had been removed because they copied my photo and wording. OK I thought, however, next time I listed the coupons the listing was removed within minutes yet dozens of others remained. My daughter listed them, no problem, sold them. Same for my son. I tried again and mine were removed.
    I can only assume the seller who was reported for using my photo and wording is following me and reports me every time.
    Love living in a village in the country side
  • keirankeiran Forumite
    651 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    Just to update -

As soolin said above, ebay gave me no response/feedback when I messaged them about the removal.

I also made 3 telephone calls , and was informed that my advert had been flagged by a human (ie not an algorithm) . Also that they'd ask the back office for the reasons and get back to me ( they didn't).

They said , when I pointed out there were dozens of similar adverts, that they were working through them in "batches" to investigate and delete, but I saw new adverts come up and go on to successful completed sales without incident. There are dozens currently for sale/bid on the ebay site.

With any Uk-based organisation, I would be able to get any concern investigated properly and resolved successfully. Ebay, paypal, etc seem to be a law unto themselves unbounded by any regulations or ethical concerns
  • societys_childsocietys_child Forumite
    7.1K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    . . a bit like complaining you'd been fined for exceeding the speed limit, but others hadn't.
  • keirankeiran Forumite
    651 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    Not really - any other "speeder" is long gone and the Police can't do anything about it .
    The other Lloyds cinema tickets are all online on ebay now and could easily dealt with if ebay were consistent in the application of their "rules" and if they wanted to .
  • theonlywayisuptheonlywayisup Forumite
    15.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    keiran wrote: »
    Not really - any other "speeder" is long gone and the Police can't do anything about it .
    The other Lloyds cinema tickets are all online on ebay now and could easily dealt with if ebay were consistent in the application of their "rules" and if they wanted to .

They generally only act when a report is made.

If you feel there are others selling items that are against policy, then you might want to report them.....
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals