New Post Advanced Search

Child tax credit

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Benefits & Tax Credits
Kazz3105Kazz3105 Forumite
1 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Benefits & Tax Credits
I have custody of my 10 year old nephew. I made a claim for child benefit and child tax credit back in August, I've sent everything asked. Just been told child benefit might be paid early January and tax credits after that, child benefit have stopped the mothers claim but she still receives child tax credit and after receiving a letter from them on Saturday she said "great I've got this money until at least 15th December (when they told her to reply by) she then laughed and ripped it up. I am relying on food banks and I was borrowing from friends and family but they are getting annoyed with me always borrowing ( for gas and electricity) and can't afford to do it anymore. I'm at my wits end, I'm seriously concerned that I can't buy him a Christmas present because she is intentionally not replying. I've told them this but still she gets it using it to pay for her drugs. Please help me.