Fitbit Tracking Problems Caused By the Manufacturer

For the past 8 weeks my Fitbit has been incorrectly tracking distance following an update of the software/app. Having spoken to Fitbit they have confirmed that this is an issue caused by them however they cannot guarantee if or when a fix will be found. I am constantly given an apology and told to keep waiting however after 8 weeks of not being able to use my fitness tracker for what it's supposed to do I'm getting a bit fed up. The tracker is 3 years old however it was working fine and the fault has only been caused by Fitbit's actions which I have emails from them proving this. They are refusing to send me a replacement because they say that they are working on the issue and cannot guarantee that it wont happen on a replacement device. They also say I cannot get a refund as I did not purchase the item from them. I am aware of many other people complaining on the Fitbit forums about the exact same issue. Does anyone know where I stand with this?

Comments

• k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,175
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    +/- 100 metres from where you thought you were (sorry :rotfl:)
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Fitbit whatever warranty they choose to give you .

Your Consumer Rights against the vendor .

But note update problems are your choice to update and not sure if CR applies to something like that .
  • k3lvc wrote: »
    +/- 100 metres from where you thought you were (sorry :rotfl:)

Hahaha!!! Walked right into that one!!
  • JJ_Egan wrote: »
    Fitbit whatever warranty they choose to give you .

Your Consumer Rights against the vendor .

But note update problems are your choice to update and not sure if CR applies to something like that .

Thanks for the response. This is the problem, not sure where I stand because the fault was caused by them not me. Updates were automatic and there was no hint that any problems would occur. I can't see the vendor being at fault because there was no fault when I purchased it...however there is now a fault caused by the manufacturer. So frustrating!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure