Pcs charge for no stopping

Good morning,
For a couple of days now i have been reading up on this no stopping parking charge and im so confused, ive read the newbies forum and come to the conclusion that i need to send this as a letter,
Re PCN number:!

I dispute your 'parking charge', as the keeper of the vehicle. I deny any liability or contractual agreement and I will be making a formal complaint about your predatory conduct to your client landowner and to my MP.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. Since your PCN is a vague template, I require ALL photos taken and an explanation of the allegation and your evidence, i.e.:

- If the allegation concerns a PDT machine, the data supplied in response to this appeal must include the record of payments made - showing partial VRNs - and an explanation of the reason for the PCN, because your Notice does not explain it.!

- If the allegation involves an alleged overstay of minutes, your evidence must include the actual grace period agreed by the landowner. If you fail to evidence the actual grace period that applies at this site or suggest that only one period applies, this will be disregarded as an attempt to mislead. In the absence of evidence, it will be reasonably taken to be a minimum of twenty minutes (ten on arrival and ten after parking time) in accordance with the official BPA article by Kelvin Reynolds about 'observation periods' on arrival being additional and separate to a 'grace period' at the end.

- in all cases, you must include a close up actual photograph of the sign you contend was at the location on the material date.

Formal note:
Should you later pursue this charge by way of litigation, note that service of any legal documents by email is expressly disallowed and you are not entitled to assume that the data in this dispute/appeal remains the current address for service in the future.

Yours faithfully,!
Then my name and postal address.

Is this correct? Reason why i have to send this in a letter is because ive received a notice to owner letter from parking control solution for a no stopping area. It stated in the letter that because i haven't paid within 28days that they are charging me as the registered keeper. Well i never recieved this first letter with all the proof and pictures etc and now they have stripped all my rights to appeal online. I phoned pcs *no names or info was given* to ask why i haven't been sent a first letter and they basically fobbed me off and told me to send them a letter. I phoned citizens advice and they just said send a letter, so now im at this point wondering if the above is the correct letter to send?
Bit more info on what happened to get this charge.
It turns out my mrs was driving the car, she got lost and pulled in next to a greggs, got out of the car and went into the back to grab her bag were her phone was so she could get the correct post code, as she In putted the wrong one. She said she was there for no longer than 20seconds. Because she was in a panic she didnt see the sign that says no stopping. £100 charge etc etc.

The issue im having is that its possibly going to cost me £100 for a 20second stop because she got lost.....
I never received the first letter, so now i cant appeal online and it has to be done by letter. Now there first letter never reached me? So whats saying my letter will reach them?
I've been to place were she got the charge from and there are signs up. Which say its a private road (with multiple businesses on that road) theres anpr in operation, £100 charge if you stop and that parking control solution manage that area.

I hope I've given enough details, sorry if my english literature is poor. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue im having is that its possibly going to cost me £100 for a 20second stop because she got lost.....

Very unlikely, judges are not fools, (if they are daft enough to take this to court that is).

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Nine times out of ten of these tickets are scams so consider complaining to your MP, it can cause the scammer extra work.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.[/FONT]
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Ralph-yRalph-y Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    where did this take place ?

airport?

Ralph:cool:
  • edited 31 October 2019 at 11:57AM
    FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    52.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 31 October 2019 at 11:57AM
    There is only one appeal template in the NEWBIES thread. It's in blue text so if that is the one you have used then it is the correct one.

You have received a notice to keeper, not owner. There is no register of vehicle owners in the UK.
    Whilst this may seem picky, it is important to use the correct terminology, especially if it were to get to court. Come back here if that happens.

Send the appeal stating that the letter you have received is the first you have heard about it and therefore consider it to be the NTK.
    They may reject it for being late but there is not a lot you can do about it at the moment. Other than that you are in ignore mode unless you get real court papers.

Get pics of the site and signage as soon as possible.

Have a thorough look at the NEWBIES to fully understand this scam industry, and what to do if/when your appeal is rejected.

Do not reveal the driver's identity under any circumstances, not even on here. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper, who are two different people. ;)

What happened when you complained to the landowner?

Complain to the BPA that PCS have failed to allow any grace periods which is a breach of the BPA CoP. In addition, complain that they never sent a NTK at all.

Never, ever 'phone a parking scammer under any circumstances, ever.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Ralph - it was just off a main road, entering an area full of businesses near a busy greggs.

Fruit cake - so i need to rewrite the letter slightly to add the part about this is my first letter?
    Just checked the letter they sent and it just says notification letter. Then states because they haven't heard from me in 28days etc they are putting me liable,
    Ive taken a pic of the signs but not of the site surroundings etc.
    I haven't complained to the land owner as it doesn't state who that is.
  • The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then states because they haven't heard from me in 28days etc they are putting me liable

Only a judge can do that, challenge them to take this to court.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    99.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't complained to the land owner as it doesn't state who that is
    Course it doesn't. How do you think people here find out who landowners are?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hi everyone, just a quick update, i sent the letter of to the parking company. It seems they have disregarded it or pretending to not have received it. They have sent me a debt recovery plus letter, with an increased charge price stating if i don't pay by a certain time they will recommend to the client that they take court action.
    What do i need to do next?
    Thanks in advance.
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    27.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mistamista wrote: »
    1. Complain to the landholder.

2. Read post #4 of the NEWBIES thread to discover how to deal with debt collectors letters.
  • fisherjimfisherjim Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mistamista wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just a quick update, i sent the letter of to the parking company. It seems they have disregarded it or pretending to not have received it. They have sent me a debt recovery plus letter, with an increased charge price stating if i don't pay by a certain time they will recommend to the client that they take court action.
    Thanks in advance.

So you haven't read the newbies thread as advised by Fruitcake 22 days ago!
  • PwpwPwpw Forumite
    8 Posts
    hi there can you point me in right direction for the NEWBIES THREAD PLZ.im having the same problem with PCS and aint the best with computers

cheers
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides