Received a PCN from ECP.

Hi, I've received a PCN from ECP for a 37min stay at a Morrisons store which I was at but I hadn't parked in a parking space I had used the vacuum, jet wash and I also put fuel in the car. What I think has happened is at the entrance there are two lanes one goes to the petrol station and one goes to the store but on that day a box van had stopped in the lane going to the petrol station so I drove around him and used the store lane and went around to the petrol station. I have proof of the petrol purchase and proof on my Morrison's loyalty card for the petrol transaction.
Please could someone give me advice as to the best way to go about this situation as I couldn't find anything on the newbies thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• fisherjimfisherjim Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    What did the store manager say when you took your complaint to him/her (which is in the newbies thread)?
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    36.8K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An email of complaint direct to the Morrisons CEO may be the best option

It's been done many times on here so just look for one and do the same , adding copies of your proof of patronage to the email

A retailer cancellation is always best , so get it done asap
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • edited 31 October 2019 at 9:06AM
    The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 31 October 2019 at 9:06AM
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Nine times out of ten of these tickets are scams so also consider complaining to your MP, it can cause the scammer extra work.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.[/FONT]

If you have not kept the receipt do not worry, the burden of proof that you had waywardly parked falls to the scammer.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • SprogratSprograt Forumite
    6 Posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Thanks, fisherjim,Redx and The Deep, I have contacted the complaints department for Morrison's and they said they will contact ECP and get them to cancel the PCN and also got a reference number so I know it's been logged with Morrison's. Hopefully it will be cancelled. Thanks for the advice.
  • FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    52.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Sprograt wrote: »
    Thanks, fisherjim,Redx and The Deep, I have contacted the complaints department for Morrison's and they said they will contact ECP and get them to cancel the PCN and also got a reference number so I know it's been logged with Morrison's. Hopefully it will be cancelled. Thanks for the advice.

You were advised to contact the store manager and the CEO. You may get this cancelled but if not you may still have to go down the original routes you were advised to do earlier.

Don't miss the appeal deadline if this has not been cancelled by then. Send the initial template in blue from post 1 of the NEWBIES if it hasn't been cancelled before then.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • SprogratSprograt Forumite
    6 Posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Just to inform other people in the same boat I have just received a phone call from Morrison’s head office to confirm that the PCN issued by ECP has been cancelled. As other people have said just fight your corner and persevere.
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    16K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice one! Good result.
  • pustitpustit Forumite
    197 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts
    Sprograt wrote: »
    Just to inform other people in the same boat I have just received a phone call from Morrison’s head office to confirm that the PCN issued by ECP has been cancelled. As other people have said just fight your corner and persevere.

Unfortunately a lot of other customers will be taken in by this scam, believing they are in the wrong and simply pay up.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides