Which Loan/card to pay off first.

afcafcafcafc Forumite
34 Posts
Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
Forumite
Hey Guys I have some debt on credit cards and need some help on which one I should pay off first. I have saved £2000 to put towards the card but not sure the best way to do it so benefit me.
Here is the debt below -
http://prntscr.com/pcf2zb

Please copy and paste the link above.

So from my point of view it looks like I need to put it towards the Barclays as that is a higher interest rate or the Motnovo car. If any one can help that would be great as I would like to make that payment asap.

Thanks

Replies

• The Barclays debt as it's by far the highest rate.
  • afcafcafcafc Forumite
    34 Posts
    Forumite
    The Barclays debt as it's by far the highest rate.

Ok so after I pay the 900 off that would you say the rest should go on the car? Because I may be part exchanging the car in the future. So Barclays would be number 1 then which debt should I put the rest of the money on please?

Thanks for the reply
  • Yes, the car next, then the remaining debts in the order that the 0% expires.
  • afcafcafcafc Forumite
    34 Posts
    Forumite
    Yes, the car next, then the remaining debts in the order that the 0% expires.

Ok thanks. So it doesn't matter that I may be part exchanging the car in a few months? I should still put another 1k towards it?
  • It makes no difference, apart from the fact that you save on interest.

The lower the debt, the less you will have to pay to settle the remaining balance.
  • enthusiasticsaverenthusiasticsaver Forumite, Ambassador
    13.9K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Ambassador
    I agree that you should target Barclays first then the car even if you are part exchanging it. Maybe look at a 0% money transfer card to finance the new car or save up to replace it.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Save £12k in 2023 Challenge #8 £12,000/£5700
    The 365 day 1p Challenge 2023 #1 £670.00/£72.00
    The 365 £1 a day Challenge for Christmas 2023 #43 £1000/£300
  • afcafcafcafc Forumite
    34 Posts
    Forumite
    I agree that you should target Barclays first then the car even if you are part exchanging it. Maybe look at a 0% money transfer card to finance the new car or save up to replace it.

Great . Just another question if you don't mind. I have 3.8k left on the car and if I settle early which I cannot it will save me £254. It better for me to pay 1k off this and then carry on paying my monthly amount. Get another 0% credit card if I can and transfer the whole amount over? But obv there will be a transfer fee that may equate to the amount I would have saved.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Glitch hits Nectar bonzana

Did you miss out on bonus points?

MSE News

Ask an Expert: Scams

Watch MSE Katie's answers to your questions

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals