Euro Car parks PCN

edited 21 December 2019 at 2:04PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
10 replies 311 views
whoknowwhoknow Forumite
4 Posts
edited 21 December 2019 at 2:04PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
Now i've read a load about this already but one conflicting thing is whether to ignore it altogether, or appeal. People are saying both, and the outcome seems to be the same so i'm not sure.

A bit about my pcn, local retail, after 8pm apparently only 1 hour stay max, had no idea especially since 2 establishments are open alot later than that, one being 24/7. We ended up going to both places, parking at one then the other, bringing my total time to 1 hour 23, which is annoyingly just over grace.
I've been coming to the retail park all my life, never knew about this charge, must be new but any help would be superb.

Replies

• Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    16.1K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't ignore PCN/LBC/real court papers, do ignore (but file) letters from debt collectors. No one on this forum will ever say ignore (except debt collectors). If you have read the NEWBIE sticky post # 1, you will know that your first stage is landowner cancellation, then appeal using the blue text appeal, then POPLA and finally court.
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    27.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi and welcome.

Send the already written for you blue text template appeal that can be easily found in post #1 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.

Send it unchanged - no additions or alterations needed.

Send it as the keeper.

Expect a cancellation within a few hours.
  • Quick update:

I sent the blue text appeal then headed off to uni.
    First day back today and have a "Debt recovery plus" letter waiting in the post for me saying its now £160 and i have till the new year or court.
    Didnt realise it got this far as have been away from home. Shoud i just pay it or keep plaing the silent game?
  • edited 21 December 2019 at 2:26PM
    FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    52.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2019 at 2:26PM
    Which part of "ignore debt collectors" is unclear in the NEWBIES, or Le_Kirk's reply in post 2 of this thread?

Did you get a rejection and PoPLA code after your initial appeal? If so, why didn't you make a second stage appeal?
    If you didn't receive a PoPLA code then you should complain to the BPA.

What did the landowner or retail managers say when you complained?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • I have just found the PoPLA code by searching that term in my junk email, I honestly just went off to university and forgot about the whole thing so I safely say this is my fault, just wondering where to go from here if i shouldnt pay the DRP. Do i now do the PoPLA thing?
  • edited 21 December 2019 at 3:30PM
    FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    52.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2019 at 3:30PM
    Again, which part of, "ignore debt collectors" don't you understand? They have absolutely no powers whatsoever. The ONLY thing they can do is send you poor quality bog paper.

You cannot appeal to PoPLA if the code has expired. That is where you would have probably killed this.

You could try telling the scammers The Keeper (you) didn't get the PoPLA code because you had moved and it was never received by post, then ask for a new code.
    I doubt they will comply but it can do no harm to ask.

Other than that you are in ignore mode until six years have passed or you get real court papers from the PPC or their scamlicitors. As far as I know, ECP do not do court, but there is always a possibility that this may change.
    If you move/have moved, tell the scammers your new address. Repeat every time you move.

You owe nothing unless a judge tells you otherwise. You certainly do not owe £160 as that includes a fake add on which is an abuse of process.

You should also complain to your MP about this unregulated scam.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are asking questions, the answers to which are easily found in the stickies, have you not read them?

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams, so consider complaining to your MP, it can cause the scammer extra costs and work, and has been known to get the charge cancelled.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.[/FONT][/FONT]
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Half_wayHalf_way Forumite
    6K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where is this retail park ?
    Who owns it?

If you want to do something, send drp a message telling then their is no formal debt, and and as such they are processing your data without just cause, and have 30 days notice to remove your details and cease processing your data in accordance with GDPR
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • MistyZMistyZ Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    The time has come to get up to speed on all this!

I too have a head that is all too easily buried in sand, so I hope you don't think I'm lecturing. You need to read the Newbies' thread more carefully, follow advice on this thread and look at similar posts too. That way, you have the best chance of beating the scammers. They really take maximum advantage of those of us who just hope it'll all go away. That's virtually their business model.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You simply need to read post #4 of the NEWBIES. Only an idiot would pay DRP!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides