IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.
Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Myparkingcharge help

Afternoon,

A friend of mine has received a red card on the windscreen with “This is not a parking charge notice”.

First of all the car was parked inside a private Gravel Carpark with no white lines just little White “T” at the front of the car parking space. The driver pulled in and parked between two cars. When the driver arrived back at the car he could see that the car wasn’t parked straight As the other two cars had gone. I’m guessing this is the reason the driver had the ticket. Please note he had paid for the parking spot at returned an hour before the ticket expired. Also the machine didn’t give change so the driver over paid. And the carpark was 3/4 empty so the parking wouldn’t have caused anyone a problem.

What should the drivers next steps be? The driver hasn’t logged into the website using the serial no. On the red notice.

Replies

• RedxRedx Forumite
    38.1K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    read the MPC advice in the NEWBIES faq sticky thread at the top of this forum, same as everyone else
  • Parkingproblem1Parkingproblem1 Forumite
    2 Posts
    First Anniversary
    My windscreen notice says it's 'NOT A PCN' from 'myparkingcharge.co.uk' so is it a PCN?''

A - YES AND NO! THIS IS DISCUSSED ON OTHER THREADS - SEARCH THE FORUM FOR 'myparkingcharge.co.uk'

I’ve followed the above FAQ but can’t find any help, what do you suggest? Thanks
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    38.1K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I would use the forum search and find others of a similar nature by MPC and see what the advice was, which is what it tells you to do, its been discussed to death on here over the years

personally, I would tell this friend to wait for an NTK to arrive in the post, then use the blue text template to appeal as keeper

this will be rejected anyway, in which case VCS has 6 years to try a court case

there is no easy get out for these, so do not look for one
  • beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    My windscreen notice says it's 'NOT A PCN' from 'myparkingcharge.co.uk' so is it a PCN?''

A - YES AND NO! THIS IS DISCUSSED ON OTHER THREADS - SEARCH THE FORUM FOR 'myparkingcharge.co.uk'

I’ve followed the above FAQ but can’t find any help, what do you suggest? Thanks

This red piece of paper saying THIS IS NOT PARKING CHARGE, turn it over and it tells you who to pay ???

Operated by the wonga style people of Excel/VCS

Not sure if one of these wheezes has gone to court yet but I think a judge would see it for what it is "this is not a parking charge"

Just do as Redx says and wait, then come back here
  • The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams so complain to your MP.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    111.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

If you found no results, you are searching wrong.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K Posts

Are you using a 'phone, or similar device? This forum requires a PC or laptop.

Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams so complain to your MP.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals