Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

Who has never made you laugh - Page 4

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Who has never made you laugh

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
66 replies 4.5K views

Replies

• TigsteroonieTigsteroonie Forumite
    24.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PompeyPete wrote: »
    Katherine Ryan, the Canadian female comedian is very funny.
    See I don't find her funny at all. And you cannot watch telly at the moment without finding her popping up somewhere ....
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • Deep_In_DebtDeep_In_Debt Forumite
    8.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never found Jimmy Carr or Alan Carr very funny.

Keith Lemon I can tolerate.
    Debt 30k in 2008.:eek::o Cleared all my debt in 2013 and loving being debt free :)
    Mortgage free since 2014 :)
  • JackmydadJackmydad Forumite
    9.2K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've so little interest in most of the modern ones, that I can't even name most of them!
    They come on, I hear a joke or two, and go to another channel.
  • Wednesday2000Wednesday2000 Forumite
    4.5K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    colinw wrote: »
    I will start with

Keith Lemon - Just never got him

I cannot stand him!!!:mad:
    MissPickle wrote: »
    That one from Mrs Brown's boys or whatever it's called.

That has to be one of the worst programmes I have ever seen.:mad:
  • suki1964suki1964 Forumite
    14.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just adding another to the list.........
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
  • MurphybearMurphybear Forumite
    5.7K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too many to name I’m afraid

My least favourites of all time are

Les Dawson
    Tommy Cooper
  • savvysavvy Forumite, Board Guide
    31.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleazy wrote: »
    No idea who 'Miranda' is though ... :(
    A 'friend' says I remind her of Miranda, I am waaaaaaaaaay funnier, but I think it's all the 'situations' and c0ck ups she gets into that is similar to me :o:o
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to [email protected]. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • dontonedontone Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never found Jimmy Carr or Alan Carr very funny.

Keith Lemon I can tolerate.

I completely forgot about Jimmy Carr. I can't stand him. When he does that stupid laugh, I feel like Rik from the Young Ones did when he saw that terrbile tv show. Mr Dontone has to stop me from booting the telly in.
    I don't mind Alan Carr so much. Saw him during one of those 'Stand Up To Cancer' comedy concerts, and he did a ten minute turn. He was alright, but 10 minutes was enough.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • savvysavvy Forumite, Board Guide
    31.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lemon leaves a bitter taste in my mouth
    You wanna try it in your eye :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to [email protected]. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • lindenslindens Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keith Lemon
    Alan Carr
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *