Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

Who has never made you laugh - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Who has never made you laugh

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
66 replies 4.5K views

Replies

• pollypennypollypenny Forumite
    28.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Freddie Starr Guy!
    The Office
    Keith Lemon
    Circus clowns - any slapstick, I suppose.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • colinwcolinw Forumite
    60K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    pollypenny wrote: »
    That Freddie Starr Guy!
    The Office
    Keith Lemon
    Circus clowns - any slapstick, I suppose.

I think Freddie Star has just popped his clogs :eek: so no chance now
  • minimad1970minimad1970 Forumite
    6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ricky Gervais.
  • AlikayAlikay Forumite
    5.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr Bean: I just see him as a man with autism or learning difficulties.
  • coffeehoundcoffeehound Forumite
    3.9K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Roy chubby brown - one of those comics who get by on being outrageous rather than funny
  • NaughtiusMaximusNaughtiusMaximus Forumite
    2.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've restricted this to British comedians, if I included Americans I'd be here all week:

Keith Lemon (again)
    Harry Hill
    Michael McIntyre
    Russell Brand
    Andy Parsons
    Ricky Gervais
    Miranda Hart
    Jack Whitehall

And some oldies (or in some cases deadies) I've never found remotely funny:
    Ken Dodd
    Bruce Forsytth
    Cannon and Ball
    Freddie Starr
    Joe Pasquale
    Benny Hill
  • edited 19 June 2019 at 11:57AM
    dontonedontone Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 19 June 2019 at 11:57AM
    colinw wrote: »
    I forgot about Mrs Brown's boys! what a load of tripe that is

The problem with Mrs Brown's Boys is that it's got far to big for itself.
    We saw the first 3 plays years ago at the Palace in Manchester and it was fantastic.
    It was ruined when the BBC snapped it up. In the theatre, there was none of the 'over hype' and over the top stuff that you see on the telly. It was just a normal comedy play, with no airs & graces about it.
    It was popular in Ireland, and we did get one of the videos they brought out, and it was basically a comedy drama. Completely different to what you see now.

Anyway, my personal 'unfunny' list includes McIntrye, Ricky Gervais (although I do admire his animal cruelty stance) Keef Lemon, Stewart Lee (who I saw in the West end a few years back, and is extremely boring).
    There are lots of others, but they are the main ones.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • NaughtiusMaximusNaughtiusMaximus Forumite
    2.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    colinw wrote: »
    I forgot about Mrs Brown's boys! what a load of tripe that is

Yes, but that's a what rather than a who, 'comedy programmes you find unfunny' would be a different thread, yes Mrs Brown's boys would be right at the top of my list too :)
  • JammybreadJammybread Forumite
    17 posts
    10 Posts Photogenic
    Miranda and ColinW.

Only joking Colin...Miranda is moderately funny.
    Come on sucker lick my battery
    We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs this helping hand...
  • colinwcolinw Forumite
    60K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Jammybread wrote: »
    Miranda and ColinW.

Only joking Colin...Miranda is moderately funny.

That is OK as I am colinw :p