New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Boris 114

edited 13 June 2019 at 1:11PM in Discussion Time
169 replies 2.1K views

Replies

• IntoodeepIntoodeep Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭
    Quasar wrote: »
    Ah but that is democracy, innit, not like all those erm, unelected EU bureaucrats...

Oh...

Or errrrrrrrrrm.........

1200px-Gordon_Brown_Davos_2008_crop.jpg
  • dividendherodividendhero Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Sapphire wrote: »
    . I've always liked David Davis (he faced such a frustrating task under TM),

Is that the same David Davis who was always bringing the UK Govt to the ECJ on account of its poor record on civil liberties?

Funnily enough he dropped all his cases and declared himself as anti-ECJ once he got a cabinet post :rotfl:
  • QuasarQuasar Forumite
    121.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Intoodeep wrote: »
    Or errrrrrrrrrm.........

1200px-Gordon_Brown_Davos_2008_crop.jpg

Or the next one, be it Boris or one of the others. Unelected by the people. Just like the House of Lords.
    Be careful who you open up to. Today it's ears, tomorrow it's mouth.
  • Quasar wrote: »
    Ah but that is democracy, innit, not like all those erm, unelected EU bureaucrats...

Oh...

Hi Quasar

Purely just out of interest, i see you use that word above quite often.
    Can you tell me, is it a cultural thing? Northern Italy, perhaps?

Thanking you,
    yours, Blodwin .
  • All over bar the shouting isn't it?
  • edited 18 June 2019 at 7:07PM
    QuasarQuasar Forumite
    121.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 18 June 2019 at 7:07PM
    Hi Quasar

Purely just out of interest, i see you use that word above quite often.
    Can you tell me, is it a cultural thing? Northern Italy, perhaps?

Thanking you,
    yours, Blodwin .

Oh it's cultural allright. But nowt to do with Italy, north or south, I'm happy to say, and as you well know.

Silly put down has failed.

Yours, Quasar :D
    Be careful who you open up to. Today it's ears, tomorrow it's mouth.
  • Quasar wrote: »
    Oh it's cultural allright. But nowt to do with Italy, north or south, I'm happy to say, and as you well know.

Silly put down has failed.

Yours, Quasar :D

Oh, so you were trying to put somebody down were you? That's not very nice, is it?

Why, what does 'innit' mean?

I must say I expected better of you to be so infantile as to try to demean others. Oh well.

I'll not realise what the insult is however as I'm not aware of the meaning of it.

Thanking you
    yours Blodwin
  • fatbellyfatbelly Forumite
    15.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boris 126 !

Hunt 46
    Gove 41
    Stewart 37
    Javid 33

and Raab is out on 30
  • edited 18 June 2019 at 8:39PM
    adindasadindas Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 18 June 2019 at 8:39PM
    fatbelly wrote: »
    Boris 126 !

Hunt 46
    Gove 41
    Stewart 37
    Javid 33

and Raab is out on 30

It is likely that Raab will be endorsing Boris.
    Boris and Raab is a good combination to face EU. The next thing to do is to sack Philip Hammond.

I fully believe when Raad say he would crash out of the EU even without a deal he really mean it. At least he knows how to negotiate.

It is only that at the time he was under the control of a the worst British Prime minister in the British History (It might in the world) the worst negotiator.
  • edited 18 June 2019 at 8:42PM
    adindasadindas Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 18 June 2019 at 8:42PM
    redux wrote: »
    I don't think so.

Davis was complacent and lazy, hardly turning up for any of the first few meetings, and reckoned he could finesse things by leaving most of it until nearly the end, and endlessly saying things like what BMW would want.

Raab was seen by the EU as giving false public statements how things were going, and working against his Prime Minister. So arguably he has plenty of responsibility for us having the current mess of somewhere between a bad deal and no deal at the moment. His resignation wasn't a matter of principle; May should have booted him earlier for duplicity and dereliction of duty in public office.

Dominic Raab is working of what he think for the best interest of the country.
    It is very honorable he quit TM cabinet. Now time has proven, it is the right decision given that TM has been named as the worst Prime Minister in the British History.

No Deal is better than a bad deal
    An end to “vast annual payments”
    “take back control of our borders, laws and money.
    I would walk away in the negotiation if necessary
    We will definitely be leaving the EU on March 28.

All of that is lie ...
    The person who is going to defend the Indefensible is only the hardcore remoaners who would do everything to disrupt democracy.