UK Car Park Management again.

RK received NTK dated 32 days from NTD.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uicjown64432gxt/NTKredacted.pdf?dl=0

No contact has been made by the RK yet, but i believe 'relevant land' to be the clincher regarding Schedule 4 POFA 2012 compliance.
Agree?

A second NTD has been issued to the same vehicle at the same location on a later date. This will be appealed by the RK in the manner so as not to receive a POFA compliant NTK.

Replies

• UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    34.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but i believe 'relevant land' to be the clincher regarding Schedule 4 POFA 2012 compliance.
    Can you explain please?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    99.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Royal Swan Quarter is a self-catering accommodation located in Leatherhead
    ...so Auntie Google told me.

So the argument is not about 'relevant land'.

It's about a late NTK but ONLY if there was no windscreen PCN first. the NTK says there was...so I don't agree that this NTK was late. That is a POFA compliant NTK.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you think that this car park was covered by bye-laws?

Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams so complain to your MP.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    34.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bergkamp - you've been favoured (yet a further time!) by the sprinkling of TD's (copy and paste) holy water.

Truly blessed. :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    @bergkamp - you've been favoured (yet a further time!) by the sprinkling of TD's (copy and paste) holy water.

Truly blessed. :)

All I can say, very meekly, is that I took my eye off the ball.

Blessed are the meek.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    34.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Deep wrote: »
    All I can say, very meekly, is that I took my eye off the ball.

Blessed are the meek.

Latitude granted through your beatitude. Go forth and inherit the earth. :)
  • bergkampbergkamp Forumite
    322 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Can you explain please?

I didn't think that Royal Swan Quarter would qualify as a sufficient location for Schedule 4 purposes, but CM thinks so.
    A simple appeal will go in and then ignore all correspondence till LBA will be the advice to the RK.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    99.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you are right, what is special about this quarter, is it byelaws land?
  • bergkampbergkamp Forumite
    322 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Maybe you are right, what is special about this quarter, is it byelaws land?

I don't know where it is.
    The NTK doesn't state the location of the relevant land Royal Swan Quarter.
    That was my point....
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    99.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm...not sure a court would buy that.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides