Forum Home» Benefits & Tax Credits

Will PIP interfere with working tax credits ?

New Post Advanced Search

Will PIP interfere with working tax credits ?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Benefits & Tax Credits
1 reply 296 views
theshadowtheshadow Forumite
146 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Benefits & Tax Credits
hi,

me and my partner are self employed via working tax credits based on low income and she was diagnosed with fibromyalgia last year and was advised to claim for PIP or something like that i think it was.

will this change anything or is this separate.

thanks for any info on this.
:j

Replies

• calcotticalcotti Forumite
    7.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    PIP is completely separate to tax credits and if the PIP claim is successful the PIP income is ignored (it is non taxable). Your Tax Credit award will not therefore go down as a direct result of a PIP award. However a PIP award can affect the WTC claim in a positive way.

If she were to get daily living part of PIP the number of hours of work required to maintain entitlement to working tax credits will be reduced. If she is able to continue to work for 16 hours/week there will be additional entitlement to a disabled worker amount.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.