Forum Home» Phones & TV» Mobiles

Last weeks Virgin outage

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Last weeks Virgin outage

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mobiles
9 replies 721 views
50Twuncle50Twuncle Forumite
10.4K posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mobiles
My wlfe (who has a Virgin sim only contract) lost her connection last week - as did many millions of others - she has just received a text from Virgin - informing her that she is entitled to compensation of 5Gb data

Her contract currently includes 1Gb data !!
Not too bad a result - can the data be carried over to next month - because she will never use this amount of data
Things will get better

Replies

• Jon_01Jon_01 Forumite
    5.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    As far as I can see it's JUST for use on Sunday! So not really much of offer. . .
  • edited 18 May 2019 at 2:03PM
    50Twuncle50Twuncle Forumite
    10.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 18 May 2019 at 2:03PM
    Jon_01 wrote: »
    As far as I can see it's JUST for use on Sunday! So not really much of offer. . .
    According to the Sun - there is an alternative of a days tarriff - (27p) - but there was no mention of any monetary compensation in the txt !
    Virgin are not very good are they ?
    Things will get better
  • AndyPKAndyPK Forumite
    4.1K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got my data today. So have 2 days to use it.
    I won’t even use 1mb!

No txt message though
  • SupatrampSupatramp Forumite
    490 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    I got the text from Virgin, offering me 5GB data. It is a joke, and a bad one at that. I currently have 10GB and I will be lucky if I use half of that, so their offer, to be used on one day, is pathetic.
    I'll certainly be looking elsewhere when my contract expires, as their offer is derisory!! And by the way, my phone was useless on most of Thursday, so the matter wasn't resolved as they claimed!!
    David.
  • AndyPKAndyPK Forumite
    4.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    to be fair, I think they were only following precedence of giving away data that other networks offered during an outage.

If they were able to easily credit everyones with 23p, we still wouldn't be happy would we?
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    38.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't affected by this outage but I still received the 5GB of data.
  • AndyPKAndyPK Forumite
    4.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's absolute sh t

The only way I could have use the free data, is to use all my monthly allowance first, then start on the 5GB.
    Then I assume come monday, I would have had no data until my refresh.

Please do tell me, what help is that !
  • 50Twuncle50Twuncle Forumite
    10.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can somehow prove substantial loses due to the loss of your mobile connection - Virgin will look at each case individually - for a few seconds - then totally ignore you !
    Things will get better
  • mchalemchale Forumite
    1.9K posts
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    If you can somehow prove substantial loses due to the loss of your mobile connection - Virgin will look at each case individually - for a few seconds - then totally ignore you !

Might be better on a business contract, afaik they will cover this to a certain extent.
    ANURADHA KOIRALA ??? go on throw it in google.