Forum Home » Benefits & Tax Credits

If I have 8k income rather than £7700 does CTC award me less the next year ?

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

If I have 8k income rather than £7700 does CTC award me less the next year ?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Benefits & Tax Credits
1 reply 363 views
nicdigbynicdigby Forumite
81 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Benefits & Tax Credits
Still struggling to find out if an official error payment should be counted as income when I declare my annual income on the child tax credits renewal form.

If I err on the side of caution and eg say I earned £8000, (when actually it was £7700 plus £300 official error payment which they’ve said I don’t have to repay), will they calculate my award for the coming tax year as that I will receive £300 less child tax credits?? ie is there a threshold or system by which if I earn more then I receive less CTC next year?

If not then I will just declare the higher figure (because the CTC helpline don’t know the answer either).

Replies