New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Compliance meeting

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Benefits & Tax Credits
5 replies 702 views
EllieLoEllieLo Forumite
2 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Benefits & Tax Credits
Good afternoon, first time poster here! I received a letter from my local JC today to attend a compliance meeting. It states:

"We need to talk to you about some changes that may affect your benefits payments."
It sounds really serious, says that I must be available for this interview and asks me to bring ID, statements and payslips.
Has anybody ever received this?

I've been in my current job for 6 months, I work part time, pro-rata salary, and I also have a separate contract for bank staff which is 0 hrs and I get separate payslip for doing bank hours. I told them about this and they said that because it's from the same employer it would come from them to report extra earnings.

Last month I had a call to say that my employer didn't report my earnings which resulted in overpayment. I have read out figures on my payslip and ended up with a small debt which is unfortunate, but not the end of the world.

What could this interview be about? I've not got anything to worry about but im getting in a right state trying to figure it out! Please help!!

Replies

• poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
    8.6K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    EllieLo wrote: »
    Good afternoon, first time poster here! I received a letter from my local JC today to attend a compliance meeting. It states:

"We need to talk to you about some changes that may affect your benefits payments."
    It sounds really serious, says that I must be available for this interview and asks me to bring ID, statements and payslips.
    Has anybody ever received this?

I've been in my current job for 6 months, I work part time, pro-rata salary, and I also have a separate contract for bank staff which is 0 hrs and I get separate payslip for doing bank hours. I told them about this and they said that because it's from the same employer it would come from them to report extra earnings.

Last month I had a call to say that my employer didn't report my earnings which resulted in overpayment. I have read out figures on my payslip and ended up with a small debt which is unfortunate, but not the end of the world.

What could this interview be about? I've not got anything to worry about but im getting in a right state trying to figure it out! Please help!!
    It's impossible to answer that question. Ring the number on the letter and ask what it's about and they should tell you more information.
  • MarkN88MarkN88 Forumite
    1.3K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    There has been so many compliance threads recently too, I suggest reading those too.
  • EllieLoEllieLo Forumite
    2 posts
    I have and she said she needs to see me face to face to discuss. I don't know if that was due to data protection?
  • poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
    8.6K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, people here could only guess what it's about.
  • MrsnMrsn Forumite
    828 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    It really could be anything, I know that’s not very helpful for you. Very possibly the person on the phone wouldn’t tell you due to Data Protection, you could try calling again and see if you manage to get another person who would be a bit more helpful. My DH’s wages weren’t reported in April for an unknown reason but we haven’t received anything like that so not sure if it would be down to this. Are you claiming UC?