New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Highview Parking (Fine)

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
19 replies 487 views
_SB00__SB00_ Forumite
3 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
Hi,

I received a letter from Highview Parking for a Charge Notice at Tesco Slough, Wellington.

It states, "we do not have a record of this vechile being validated on the parking machine with a customer voucher or it has exceeded the maximum customer stay time displayed on the signage".

Duration was: 2 hours 52 minutes.

I went to this Tesco after a long time and don't recall seeing any pay machines though the max. stay was 3 hours. They mentioned how this is the first occason that the car has over stayed and are offering a PCN rate reduced from £70 to £20.

I've seen the Newbies Thread and blue text template. Should I appeal?

Thank you in advance.

Replies

• Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    84.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes of course, did you miss the latest Highview case cancelled today?

Read today's posts and find it. Honestly, the same will happen to you.

They are so easy to beat we need no threads about them! :D
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • _SB00__SB00_ Forumite
    3 posts
    Firstly, thank you so much for the quick reply.

So I just finish off the template with my name and address?

Also, I complete the online form by entering my details such as name, email address and select other in the reason field?
  • The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams and will fail in court so complain to your MP.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    84.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    _SB00_ wrote: »
    Firstly, thank you so much for the quick reply.

So I just finish off the template with my name and address?

Also, I complete the online form by entering my details such as name, email address and select other in the reason field?
    Yes, and in the earlier page, if the Highview appeals procedure still looks like it did last time I looked, you DO NOT choose the option that starts ''I was the driver and'' (obviously!).
  • edited 16 May 2019 at 3:50PM
    huskhusk Forumite
    45 posts
    edited 16 May 2019 at 3:50PM
    I received a PCN from Highview Parking today even though I validated my parking correctly.

Should I appeal with this information and say that they have made an error, or appeal with the blue template in the newbies thread and not admit that I was the driver?

Please advise on the best course of action, as I may not be able to find my parking validation/ receipt.

Thank you
    84.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Same advice as you already read, not sure why we need to repeat it for other posters, as these are all so easy and all the same:
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    I've seen the Newbies Thread and blue text template. Should I appeal?
    Yes of course, did you miss the latest Highview case cancelled today?

Read today's posts and find it. Honestly, the same will happen to you.

They are so easy to beat we need no threads about them! :D
  • huskhusk Forumite
    45 posts
    I wasn't asking whether I could get my PCN cancelled by appealing with the template, the answer is obviously yes.

The point is that they sent me a PCN even though I had validated my ticket, and I would prefer on principle to appeal on those grounds.

Of course I am aware both appeals could have the same result, I was questioning whether I would be causing myself further potential issues by giving up my anonymity in my appeal.
    84.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course I am aware both appeals could have the same result,
    No they won't.
    I was questioning whether I would be causing myself further potential issues by giving up my anonymity in my appeal.
    Yes you would be (but we are not telling you to appeal anonymously...).

This person used the wrong appeal, talking about the story of what happened, to Smart Parking who are very similarly weak, like Highview, and both ALWAYS cancel when they see the forum template:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=75794444#post75794444

Not in his case, as he used the wrong appeal.

Use a different version at your peril - you then get a rejection letter & have to waste time faffing about with a POPLA appeal which is a lottery.
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    28.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or to put it simply

if HV failed POFA 2012, then as KEEPER there is no liability, so who cares about what the driver did or did not do ?
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • huskhusk Forumite
    45 posts
    Well if the template works I should use it, thank you.

Just noticed that they don't even have my address written correctly on the PCN letter.