Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Gladstones UKCPM - response to LBC

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
5 replies 276 views
UKCPM_SuckUKCPM_Suck Forumite
35 Posts
10 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
So I received an LBC from Gladstones last month for parking in my residential parking pay (I am the leaseholder).

I responded to the LBC with a response based on the template citing the pre action protocol and their lack of adherence to it.

Gladstones have replied with what looks like an inadequate response:

- they claim I have not complied with Protocol (but I don't know the basis of the claim so how can I?
- they have requested my version of events (not yet provided).
- they are refusing to provide a copy of the contract between the Estate Management Company and UKCPM, saying it's irrelevant as I've entered into a civil contract by virtue of the signage (which is surely nonsense!).
- they have provided the evidence including photographs, which shows an obscured parking permit (I'm sure they could have read it if they tried).
- they have failed to provide detail on how the charge was calculated referring me back to the inadequate LBC.

So what do I do now?

I'm inclined to go back with my explanation. That I'm the leaseholder and entitled to park etc.

I've been to court before over this and won, and I have another two court claims pending for exactly the same thing. Talk about stupid. Gladstones have previously said that a copy of my lease was insufficient as it wasn't signed but I have proof of title from the Land Registry. What more do I need?

So do I just respond with my defence now. What advice can folk provide?

This is trying my patience but the advice on here is great, and keeps me going.

Thanks in advance.

Gladstones Hater.

Replies

• beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    17.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been to court before over this and won

So you tell Gladstones this and advise them that when you win again, you will be claiming costs against them
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS
    DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
  • UKCPM_SuckUKCPM_Suck Forumite
    35 Posts
    10 Posts
    beamerguy wrote: »
    I've been to court before over this and won

So you tell Gladstones this and advise them that when you win again, you will be claiming costs against them

That's what I will do - I just wondered if there was a way to head them off before court action. How do you submit a costs claim and when?
  • The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are wasting your time, waste theirs, let them take you to court and lodge a counter claim for interference with your leasehold right to quiet enjoyment.

Read this

https://uk.practicallaw.thomsonreuters.com/3-107-6097?transitionType=Default&contextData=(sc.Default)&firstPage=true&comp=pluk&bhcp=1

and enlist the support of your MP.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, and persistent offenders denied access. Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers.

Until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • UKCPM_SuckUKCPM_Suck Forumite
    35 Posts
    10 Posts
    The_Deep wrote: »
    They are wasting your time, waste theirs, let them take you to court and lodge a counter claim for interference with your leasehold right to quiet enjoyment.

Read this

https://uk.practicallaw.thomsonreuters.com/3-107-6097?transitionType=Default&contextData=(sc.Default)&firstPage=true&comp=pluk&bhcp=1

and enlist the support of your MP.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, and persistent offenders denied access. Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers.

Until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.

Thanks I will follow this up. Are there any case precedents on here where leaseholders have done this? Sounds a bit complicated? However, I really do want them to stop this. It's bordering on harassment.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    95.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    UKCPM_Suck wrote: »
    Thanks I will follow this up. Are there any case precedents on here where leaseholders have done this? Sounds a bit complicated? However, I really do want them to stop this. It's bordering on harassment.
    Search Google for Roger Davey v UKPC.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.