New Post Advanced Search

UKCPS & DRP Court Court Action

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
2 replies 361 views
Jules7484Jules7484 Forumite
2 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
I wonder if anyone can help.

I recieved a PCN from UKCPS for non payment. I appealed and won via IAS as I attempted to make a payment through their text service but they didnt call me back for payment. I did this for two consecutive days. I recieved a letter through the post from UKCPS and assumed it was to do with the appeal I had won a day or so ago and a case of cross communication between the IAS and UKCPS so didnt think anything of it. When I recieved a letter from DPR I realised it was in relation to a different PCN however they had failed to provide the initial letter stating the contravention.
I have contacted both companies several time to explain what's happened, they insist the tinder to appeal has lapsed. I have emailed them provided proof that I tried to make the payment and they wont listen. I have responded to every single letter they have sent and each tone provided my mitigation but they are not interested and I have since recieved a letter stating they are going to recommend court action.

What can i do? I have proof i text them to pay the fee, I have offered to pay the £3.40 that I owe.

Replies

• DoaMDoaM Forumite
    11.9K posts
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrong board - message a Board Guide to move this thread to the Parking sub-forum. In the meantime read the NEWBIES FAQ thread in there.

As you'll read there, you can ignore DRP completely - any threats from them about court are bluff and bluster.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    95.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Jules7484 wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone can help.

I recieved a PCN from UKCPS for non payment. I appealed and won via IAS as I attempted to make a payment through their text service but they didnt call me back for payment.

I did this for two consecutive days. I recieved a letter through the post from UKCPS and assumed it was to do with the appeal I had won a day or so ago and a case of cross communication between the IAS and UKCPS so didnt think anything of it.

When I recieved a letter from DPR I realised it was in relation to a different PCN however they had failed to provide the initial letter stating the contravention.
    I have contacted both companies several time to explain what's happened, they insist the tinder to appeal has lapsed. I have emailed them provided proof that I tried to make the payment and they wont listen.

I have responded to every single letter they have sent and each tone provided my mitigation but they are not interested and I have since recieved a letter stating they are going to recommend court action.

What can i do? I have proof i text them to pay the fee, I have offered to pay the £3.40 that I owe.

Stop ringing.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=75757069#post75757069

Yawn, DRP can't start court action. See the NEWBIES thread post #4.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support